Opticoat Pro + vs rain

Ktran

Hello everyone,

My car is at the shop getting coated with Opticoat Pro plus. The shop told me it will be done by tomorrow;however, the weather forecast says it will rain for the next 3 days. I don’t have a garage and the car will be parked in driveway. Would the rain damage the coating? I have read on internet that it only needs 12 hours to cure but some also say it needs at least 7 days to cure. Will it be okay if my car park outside with the rain or should i find a storage and park it there for couple of days? Thank you in advance. 

Cheers,

congratulations on investing in the best ceramic coating!  What you've heard is correct - the installer will keep the car for 12 hours so the surface can cure, after that it can be driven/parked in any conditions.  The 7 days without washing (solvents) is so the chemical resistance can fully develop.  After 7 days, you are ready for anything!

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

congratulations on investing in the best ceramic coating!  What you've heard is correct - the installer will keep the car for 12 hours so the surface can cure, after that it can be driven/parked in any conditions.  The 7 days without washing (solvents) is so the chemical resistance can fully develop.  After 7 days, you are ready for anything!

Thank you Ron. Will it be okay to leave water spots on the car since I have to wait 7 days without washing?