Introducing Myself As New Member

berchman

I'm awaiting delivery of a Sunset Orange BMW i4-M Sport 40. When it comes I plan to protect the parts most vulnerable to rock chips with PPF and then have it ceramic coated with Opti-Coat Pro Plus. Once the coating cures, is there any way to increase gloss on what I anticipate will be an impressively glossy paint? For example, what about coating it with Turtle Wax 50984 ICE Seal N Shine Hybrid Sealant Spray Wax which has some carnauba wax  for the unique glow supplied by carnauba?

Welcome to the Optimum Forum!  I'm not familiar with Ice Seal & Shine (there's about a million retail waxes available) - but will suggest it will not be durable on Opti-Coat Pro Plus.  Ceramic coatings shed wax/sealants unless they contain components that allow them to bond (that's true with Optimum waxes/sealants as well).  For increased gloss on OCP+ we recommend Opti-Coat Hyper Seal, which is formulated specifically for ceramic coatings and has up to 1 year durability.

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:58 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

Welcome to the Optimum Forum!  I'm not familiar with Ice Seal & Shine (there's about a million retail waxes available) - but will suggest it will not be durable on Opti-Coat Pro Plus.  Ceramic coatings shed wax/sealants unless they contain components that allow them to bond (that's true with Optimum waxes/sealants as well).  For increased gloss on OCP+ we recommend Opti-Coat Hyper Seal, which is formulated specifically for ceramic coatings and has up to 1 year durability.

As I just mentioned in another post, I'm having Pro3 with a fifth layer of Pro+ installed. Will Hyper Seal increase the gloss on that 5 layer installation?