Spray gun adjustment, and initial setup

Just got my spray gun.  The tip has two “nuts”. I can adjust the tip in and out. Any idea what this does?

also noticed the male threads with a nut. Is the nut there so I can screw on the female quick connect, or is it a threaded male connector that I remove to instal a male quick connect? 

No instructions came with the gun. 

I'm guessing you're talking about the Optimum Spray gun. Sadly there's not enough coverage on this awesome device. It took me some time to learn, but now saves me time, money and effort with awesome consistent results.

For the air inlet, you can unscrew the thread and exchange it if you want. Or install a female air connector of your choosing directly. I removed the thread, installed a air pressure regulator to 4 bar, and then a 360° swivel and an air connector. Anyway, make sure pressure at the gun is set at 3-4 bar. Higher/lower pressure doesn't really work.

You can adjust the spray tip to adjust the amount of product comes out. When you tuned it right, lock it with the nut. You can adjust it from a fine mist to a fairly wet spray. It should be somewhere in the middle in my experience, test it out!

1 hour ago, Heijneker said:

I'm guessing you're talking about the Optimum Spray gun. Sadly there's not enough coverage on this awesome device. It took me some time to learn, but now saves me time, money and effort with awesome consistent results.

For the air inlet, you can unscrew the thread and exchange it if you want. Or install a female air connector of your choosing directly. I removed the thread, installed a air pressure regulator to 4 bar, and then a 360° swivel and an air connector. Anyway, make sure pressure at the gun is set at 3-4 bar. Higher/lower pressure doesn't really work.

You can adjust the spray tip to adjust the amount of product comes out. When you tuned it right, lock it with the nut. You can adjust it from a fine mist to a fairly wet spray. It should be somewhere in the middle in my experience, test it out!

Yup, air sprayer.  So which way adjusts what? Mist is out, wet is more in? Vice versa? 

always looking for ways to speed things up. I think this is it. Just waiting on Amazon to deliver the couplers.