A little test between the BRS and name brand microfiber mitt

Since I started using ONR in June of 2022 I've been looking for cleanest wash possible (aka removing as much "gunk" as possible).  I've always wanted to know the best and safest wash media since I started using ONR, there are tons of forums that you can check out and they all say different things, but I wanted to try a test for myself.  

I decided to try a test today, I filled two buckets with the 256/1 recommended dilution of ONR in two buckets (2 gallons each).  The test vehicle was my 2022 Dodge Ram, not driven often (I put almost 4k on it since June) but in the winter its pretty nasty here with salt, embers and salt put down on the roads as well as having a partial gravel driveway.  Its also outside 24/7 as it doesn't fit in the garage so I get a lot of "stuff" that ends up on it from the wind up here on the mountain.  I can wash it at noon and by 4pm  it has dirt and other stuff that had blown onto the hood.  

Anyway back to the test, so 2 gallons each of 256/1, one bucket with the BRS and the other bucket with a name brand microfiber ultra wash mitt.  Both buckets were filled at the same time with hot water from the tap (yes its very hard water here in the mountains).  I let them sit a few minutes to let both wash media to soak, I think it was about 34F today so the solution was still warm by the time I started washing.  I did one side at a time, the RR quarter panel and RR tailgate with the microfiber mitt and the LR quarter and LR tailgate with the UBS.  Both media used had 1/2 a panel done then flipped the wash media to do the lower section, so that would be two side per panel; so each wash media was flipped four times.  

The paint looked the same, though the microfiber worked a bit better on the top of the rear bumper (almost like plastic diamond plate ) where there was salt that fell down and liquified from salting the driveway on Wednesday.   But the big difference is when I brought both buckets in.  

The bucket that I used the BRS was much darker and had a significant amount of "crud" in the bottom.   The bucket that I used the microfiber in looked almost like fresh ONR with a little bit of bits at the bottom.  I rinsed and squeezed both wash media in each bucket, removed the grit guards and let both buckets sit for 8-9 hours then poured to top portion of the water off.  The solution with the BRS was darker and had more "stuff" suspended in the water but had much more stuff in the bottom as opposed to the microfiber wash mitt.  

link to photos

I think the BRS removed a lot more of the road debris, oils and gunk and deposited them in the bucket as opposed to the microfiber but only because I think the microfiber kept a lot of that stuff in the mitt.  

Let me know what you think. 

Nice test 

I have used onr for maybe 4 years now . After using several methods I found the best method for me is only using  one bucket and about three microfibers or 4 if car is realy dirty  maybe even 5 in the winter. Yup the microfibers hold the dirt  when both sides are dirty  just  grab another . If I am going to wash one microfiber  4 makes no difference  and your onr is always clean  . There is very little chance of scratching paint . 

2 hours ago, Habs said:

Nice test 

I have used onr for maybe 4 years now . After using several methods I found the best method for me is only using  one bucket and about three microfibers or 4 if car is realy dirty  maybe even 5 in the winter. Yup the microfibers hold the dirt  when both sides are dirty  just  grab another . If I am going to wash one microfiber  4 makes no difference  and your onr is always clean  . There is very little chance of scratching paint . 

Thanks for the reply, I have tried soaked microfiber towels as well but I have absolutely huge hands and have trouble holding holding them .  For the drying process I use TRC 20x24 liquid8r and that size folded in half is much easier.  I do have a BRS  which fits better in my hand as opposed to the UBS.  I might cut up an extra UGS into some pieces that will help me get into tighter spaces.