Optimum tire protection

Habs

I just purchased a new set of Michelin  premier  tires. I have some optimum tire protection but I now see that using it now could be problematic  so I will wait  . I can use it on my older snow tires  . Would optimum tire gel work on my  new  tires  after I good washing with power clean.  Then after a few months try the tire protection. 

Yup your right  that's what i will do 

My snow tires are a couple years old mosf of the  the gel has worn off  did them once  in the fall will a power clean wash  be enough  to apply tire protection.  

You really have to scrub them until you don't get any brown suds anymore (and then some more).  There are some dedicated tire cleaners out there that work better than OPC for this, but you just have to do more rounds with the OPC.  Just get a good tire brush so you can get into the corner where the wheel meets the tire.  My snow tire experience is the low-temp compounds tend to brown more than other tires, so you want to make sure you get all the browning/blooming scrubbed out, because you don't want that to show up under the coating.  Nothing like sealed-in brown to make you not want to use tire coatings again.

Good advice thanks 

Once I get them off the car i will lay them flat and really scrub them i have a couple other products i can use as well.  Snows  are always hard to keep clean and look good .  Will try and send some before and after picks

Thanks again. 

Hey, The Guz who posts here sometimes turned me on to a wheel/tire detailing stand that really helps for this kind of thing if you have the wheel off the car.  I got mine at Amazon; I thought the cost was worth it for the time-savings.  It makes it easy to see what you're doing.  There are other brands, the one I got was "Maxshine Car Detailing Rolling Wheel Stand".