Sprayer Heads Leak From Threads

dlc95

I was wondering if anyone k ows where to source some type of gasket to set between the bottle rim and the top of the tightening ring mechanism? 

I imagine a thin silicone ring would seal that up perfectly. 

Maybe see if the supplier can include them in future orders?

Even happening on my brand new bottles of GPS and HCV5 (LOVE it so far!)

Thank you all very much.

You can get a variety of liners from US Plastics; I have a selection of sizes of polyethylene foam liners to replace the cardboard cap liners in a lot of things that fall apart when they get wet.  I believe the one you will need is 28 mm.  Unfortunately, even though the liners are very cheap, the shipping is outrageous.  I usually add something else to the order so I don't feel so foolish paying so much shipping for so little product.  I tried and tried to find someplace else to buy these, but I couldn't.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=122875&catid=1185

That being said, I can't vouch for this solving your problem, I'm not sure I've used them for a sprayer (I think I have, but I don't remember the details of what it was).  You have to punch a hole in it for the pickup tube.  If you have a good poly bag you might just try using that as a gasket, just drape it over the neck and screw the sprayer down.  I guess it's possible some pipe tape on the threads might also solve the problem.

44 minutes ago, Setec Astronomy said:

You can get a variety of liners from US Plastics; I have a selection of sizes of polyethylene foam liners to replace the cardboard cap liners in a lot of things that fall apart when they get wet.  I believe the one you will need is 28 mm.  Unfortunately, even though the liners are very cheap, the shipping is outrageous.  I usually add something else to the order so I don't feel so foolish paying so much shipping for so little product.  I tried and tried to find someplace else to buy these, but I couldn't.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=122875&catid=1185

That being said, I can't vouch for this solving your problem, I'm not sure I've used them for a sprayer (I think I have, but I don't remember the details of what it was).  You have to punch a hole in it for the pickup tube.  If you have a good poly bag you might just try using that as a gasket, just drape it over the neck and screw the sprayer down.  I guess it's possible some pipe tape on the threads might also solve the problem.

You're a genius!

I didn't even think about the fact that I work at a PPF shop - which I'm actually being trained for in a few days... 

I'll have to cut some circles out and give that a shot. 

If that doesn't work, I'll try the link you provided. 

Thank you, Setec.