Cars per ONR

At $.50 per ounce when you buy the 32 oz and $.31 per ounce when you buy the gallon, I'd just do one car and if it's real dirty I'd change the water once. If you just want to get some extra mileage out of the stuff, do your rims, tires, fenderwells, and door jambs with whats left after the wash.

I'm looking at this for mobile detailing, so changing the water after every car...hmm, have to think on that. I do use a 2 bucket method.

The guys I know that use it for mobile only mix about a gallon at a time. It would save you a lot of time and water if you used 4-5 mitts instead of the two bucket method. Mix one gallon in a gallon bucket w/o a gritguard, apply the ONR mix without ringing out the mitt, switch to the second side, toss the mitt aside and grab another. I think re-using the mix could cause marring after the dirt ecapsulaters are used up. Also a five gallon bucket of ONR with a gritguard keeping you from using the gallon on the bottom is very wasteful. I understand that while detailing for profit you have to watch the bottom line, and I hop these suggestions will help you.

Chris

Chris, I'm trying to figure out how much water / waste water capacity I need to take with me. I think mixing 1 gallon at a time would work. I guess it also depends on how long it takes to wash one car or truck.

Andy

I think a 5 gallon container would last all day unless they were really dirty, you should be able to get a car out of a gallon. Waste water can be discarded on site because the quantity of less than a gallon isn't illegal and ONR is non-toxic. Avoiding marring by using more mitts that ONR mix and you get rid of the rise bucket. Heck you can wash with MF towels if you like, and just launder them at the end of the day. I'm by no means suggesting that this is the only way to do it, but I hope my suggestions are helpful.

Chris

Not sure if I can discard the water on site or want to.

Archived