Another ONR?

If I used distilled water mixed in with ONR would I have to still dry the car? I am thinking if distilled water dries spot free then it would be less risk inducing any marring marks, plus one less step if I do not have to dry.

Innovative idea......I'm not sure of the results the way you describe it but an idea might be to ONR the WHOLE vehicle then blow dry the vehicle with a leaf blower and then it should work out nice. Let us know how it goes.

Anthony

I am hoping next month to get a wet/dry vac that aslo has the leaf blower. I will be getting my ONR in 2 weeks as well. I have gallons of distilled water in my garage, to use in cars and now since detailing I mix with products. Soon will be gettin some OID as well.

I have been using DI water with ONR for a couple of years now, but mostly for bird dropping removal a quick detailer, wash the entire with DI water is just too costly

I have been using DI water with ONR for a couple of years now, but mostly for bird dropping removal a quick detailer, wash the entire with DI water is just too costly

Walmart has gallons for $0.72 each. So if one car generally takes 4 gallons (2 gallons in wash and 2 in the rinse) then you would be at $2.88 before tax. I was thinkin of it because I have gallons of it in my garage for mixing with coolant and washer fluid on cars.

Walmart has gallons for $0.72 each. So if one car generally takes 4 gallons (2 gallons in wash and 2 in the rinse) then you would be at $2.88 before tax. I was thinkin of it because I have gallons of it in my garage for mixing with coolant and washer fluid on cars.

ONR is a RINSELESS wash. All you'd really need is the 2 gallons to wash the car. Whether or not you'd have to dry it I don't know what standing water with ONR would dry to be? Would it leave a residue or would it just leave a shine like an ONR washed car would normally leave?

Rinsing would be a waste in this case unless it cannot simply be left to dry in it's mixed state.

ONR is a RINSELESS wash. All you'd really need is the 2 gallons to wash the car. Whether or not you'd have to dry it I don't know what standing water with ONR would dry to be? Would it leave a residue or would it just leave a shine like an ONR washed car would normally leave?

Rinsing would be a waste in this case unless it cannot simply be left to dry in it's mixed state.

Sorry bout the confusion I ment the 2 gallons in the rinse bucket (2 bucket method).

If I used distilled water mixed in with ONR would I have to still dry the car? I am thinking if distilled water dries spot free then it would be less risk inducing any marring marks, plus one less step if I do not have to dry.

I used distilled water with ONR to wash my car and let it sit to dry. It was not spot free when done. There were small amounts of dust that collected in the droplets as they were drying and they left spots. Granted, the car was in the driveway to dry and it took over an hour. These spots were much more faint than when I used tap water, but still there.

distilled water + ONR + leafblower dry = spot free

I used distilled water with ONR to wash my car and let it sit to dry. It was not spot free when done. There were small amounts of dust that collected in the droplets as they were drying and they left spots. Granted, the car was in the driveway to dry and it took over an hour. These spots were much more faint than when I used tap water, but still there.

distilled water + ONR + leafblower dry = spot free

I always use distilled water when I ONR, too, and have gotten the same results. Not quite spot free. That may also be due to the fact that I mix ONR at just about double strength, though.

Eh....the deal with "spot-free" is really not so "spot-free". Ron carries DI water in his tank and even after rinsing the cars down we would still blow dry the cars and then go over them lightly with a mf towel because the water will still leave spotting BUT since there are no minerals to harden and attach to the paint those spots are usually from dust and air borne thingies floating around landing on the car while drying.

So in the case of ONR the water left behind still has contaminates in it which will leave behind spotting. The car or panel would need to be flushed with the distilled water so as to leave no puddling of ONR.

At least that's my take on it........ :confused1[1]:

Well orderd some ONR and a sample of Poli-Seal, also will be picking up a 5.5hp shop vac with electric leaf blower. So after I wash the car with ONR I will blow dry it then just blot with MF towel. Trying to reduce any chanes of marring marks.

Well orderd some ONR and a sample of Poli-Seal, also will be picking up a 5.5hp shop vac with electric leaf blower. So after I wash the car with ONR I will blow dry it then just blot with MF towel. Trying to reduce any chanes of marring marks.

Where did you get the sample of PoliSeal as I'd like to give it a try by hand before I order a full bottle?

Where did you get the sample of PoliSeal as I'd like to give it a try by hand before I order a full bottle?

I got it from here. Patrick has Optimum products from 4oz on up, also has sampler packs. I got 4 oz PS and 32 oz of ONR. If both live up to the hype I will be ordering larger sizes and then try the OID or OPP.

Archived