Optimum Spray Wax

Shawn F.

Well today I used ONR, Optimum Polish, Poly-Seal and Optimum Spray Wax on a brand new Jaguire. I have used these products already on a black HD edition Ford and the products work great. Today on the Jag everything turned out fine until I used the spray wax. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but after buffing, polishing and using poly-seal, I wiped the car down, used a micro cloth and went to use the spray wax but it swirled a little and kind of dulled or made brownish looking swirls on the surface... It's the darker metallic blue color on the car so it shows imperfections. Before the wax the car looked and felt awesome. I do not remember the wax doing this to the black Ford though.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I sprayed very little on the trunk lid (I never finished the car, only tried it on one panel first and then this happened) like recommended and wiped. I did the door jambs with it and that turned out great with no swirls or streaks.

Also, does this spray wax take place of using a paste or cream type wax on a polisher?

Thanks a lot for any information guys!

I found the same with my black Jag, the problem was because the OCW needs applying on small areas and rubbing in till it disappears, or spraying on to a microfibre first.

Its obviously only really noticable on dark cars, my silver Ranger just looks fantastic whichever way you put it on

That is what I thought, thanks! What I did was half the trunk lid at a time and it did it but I sprayed one or two sprays (out of a small sample bottle so it isn't as much as the bigger bottle) onto the whole trunk lid and did it that way. On the black truck I did it that way and it looked fine but I guess I will try it on the microcloth first and then rub it in small sections at a time.

I'll let you know how it goes since I will be doing a Jag today.

• 2 weeks later...
How`d it go Shawn ?

I messed with it some and put it on the towel first but still did it. I just sprayed and wiped it and had to keep wiping until the smears and such went away. Looks great though. I placed a order of polish, compound, wax, sealer, poli-seal, etc the other day. It will be in tomarrow and I will be using it on my girlfriends Mercedes which is faded but will come back to life and look like brand new.

I messed with it some and put it on the towel first but still did it. I just sprayed and wiped it and had to keep wiping until the smears and such went away.

Yea, once the OCW has `melted` into the paintwork and any smearing has gone , laying some more is instant.

Fantastic stuff !

Yea, once the OCW has `melted` into the paintwork and any smearing has gone , laying some more is instant.

Fantastic stuff !

So are you saying that I should put it on and follow up with one more coat? Do you think the next coat will help rid of the previous streaking? I have only noticed this on dark blue cars for some reasong, there is like smear or a brown cloudiness to it.

Hey Shawn,

Are you using any softner in your wash? This can cause streaking issues, also make sure your detergent has no softners in it nor any dryer sheets.

Try spraying the OCW onto a towel first and then apply to the paint and rub until it's all gone or evaporated, flip your towel then buff it dry. Also one spray should be enough for, say, one fender. Too much product can cause streaking issues.

Hope this helps,

Anthony

So are you saying that I should put it on and follow up with one more coat? Do you think the next coat will help rid of the previous streaking? I have only noticed this on dark blue cars for some reasong, there is like smear or a brown cloudiness to it.

I always wipe over with another quick very thin coat once I`ve polished through the same `brown cloudiness`(almost as if the OCW was removing a previous product or moisture)

As you say Shawn its only seen on dark colours

Well I am a bit late on this one but as for the streaking, I think following up with a second coat will help remove this streaking. Also even though the last car I did was white, I went over Opti-seal instead of poly-seal with the wax and no streaking. I wonder if going straight over the Poli-Seal with the Optimum Spray Wax is causing the streaking?

Archived