Impressed with Optimum spray wax

Joe V

I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with Optimum spray wax...and I haven't even tried the new formula yet. I've been using the spray wax on an '03 silver Honda Civic where I live in northern Arizona where the sunlight is very intense, and even after a couple months of the car sitting out in the sun every day (at 7000 ft elevation), I still get beading after washing/rinsing, and the few bugs that get squashed on the front bumber seam to come off fairly easily. Good job Optimum....and it's easy to apply to boot. I especially like applying it to exposed black rubber and plastic bits to protect them from UV damage...we don't have a lot of atmosphere up here to filter out UV, and this application seems to be working well. I look forward to trying the new formula!!

Good to hear the positive feedback. I too really like OCW, actually everyting I have tried from Optimum has been top notch.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you like OSW! I've been bringing Optimum up on a few car forums I frequent. Most people seem reluctant at first until they actually see how well the products really are. I'm a true believer in OPT. Thank Ron and Anthony for that.

When I moved to San Antonio, I was a Meguiar's fan boy and still I love a lot of their products, but most of it has been replaced by Optimum. I've even got a few friends in North Carolina who are making the same switch. I would have never believed it, myself, if I didn't see it in action.

dave.

It seems that I've been recommending OCW to many of my coworkers and friends lately when they ask about something effective and easy to apply. I think one of my all time favorite waxes is Trade Secret (applying this wonderful stuff is addictive to me....), but for great protection that is easy to maintain I keep going back to OCW.

I guess it's nice to eliminate the perception that waxing a car has to be a pain in the backside.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the spray wax today for the first time and I honestly can't tell a huge difference since I have a brand new black car but I was curious as to how much I should spray on certain panels. For the hood I did 3 lines across the hood, and the doors I did 2 lines, should I use more or less. when I mean lines I mean spray lines. I have a 4 door sedan

I used the spray wax today for the first time and I honestly can't tell a huge difference since I have a brand new black car but I was curious as to how much I should spray on certain panels. For the hood I did 3 lines across the hood, and the doors I did 2 lines, should I use more or less. when I mean lines I mean spray lines. I have a 4 door sedan

so it's been two days since I put the OSW on and like I said, I have a new black car so it's hard to tell the difference but as I rubbed my hand across the car today I felt the waxed layer ontop, it felt really nice and yes I'm impressed. Is it possible to over-use the OSW, such as doing it again my next wash since it rained today. Thanks in advance.

I apply a small amount everytime I wash my car and don't see any negative effects. However keep in mind my car is dark blue and there is a red dust around here that sticks in my paint if I leave my car in the sun too much...so I try to keep max protection going. It helps that I ride a motorcycle from March to October to keep my car out of the sun, but I digress...

Maybe the guys that work with optimum products daily know if it can be overused? Unless you're applying it every week I think it would be ok. Factors like weather, sunlight, where you park your car, etc certainly make a difference.

Archived