Just about everything

Ron Harris

Well this Porsche got just about every thing done to it.

It was completely detailed. The paint correction was a 3 step process.

Two applications of the Optimum coating were applied to the polished finish as well as the wheels.

Interior was steamed and conditioned

The front right corner of the bumper was repaired and painted.

The wheels on the right side had curb rash and were repaired and painted.

Paint Protection Film was applied to the bumper, hood,fenders, roof and A pillars.

The Headlights and fog lights were smoked with 3M film

Lastly a small dent was repaired on the left rear quarter.

We have had the car for over 5 days however total recondition time took only two days.

Sorry for not having before shots I only took a few afters in the shade. It was blinding in the sun!

10056777671006bw3.jpg

10056747625727zv0.jpg

10056737585963pa9.jpg

10056727535141zp1.jpg

10056717504190iy6.jpg

10056717504190iy6.jpg

10056707455777kg4.jpg

Nice job, guys! There is one thing about which I am curious. How much does the 3M tint affect the light output of the headlamps and foglamps? Any idea?

Also, since on the subject of 3M, what are your experiences concerning the 3M paint protectant film as it pertains to polising and sealing/waxing? Is it similar to polishing clear coat or is it much more delicate, etc.? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Nice job, guys! There is one thing about which I am curious. How much does the 3M tint affect the light output of the headlamps and foglamps? Any idea?

Also, since on the subject of 3M, what are your experiences concerning the 3M paint protectant film as it pertains to polising and sealing/waxing? Is it similar to polishing clear coat or is it much more delicate, etc.? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :D

The dark or smoked film does dim the light somewhat but not enough to effect driving. This particular client did say it dims the lights but that he only noticed because he drives it the most. Another person may not notice any difference. We also install it in blue, yellow and of course the clear. Yellow film looks great on white P-cars.....well just about any white car really. Blue looks nice on black cars as well as yellow cars.

The 3M film is fairly durable and can be polished and waxed. For polishing I would only use a very mild polish, like 3M's UltraFina, and a very soft pad.

Anthony

Where do you get this 3M film at? Reason I ask is because I've always done the headlights, taillight and any other lights by using Alsa Corporation translucent black mixed in some SPI clear and shot it on them after scotchbriting the headlight and precleaning of course.

The film seems like it would be much easier. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Also info on the clear film for the fronts and fenders would be great as far as where you get it, cost, etc. I like the fact you can buy the film for the lights in different colors. You could do it with automotive paints but it just seems like the 3M film is quicker and you can take it off easier if needed.

You might be able to find some on ebay. Or you could just give us a call with the year make and model of the car you want to do. We can have the lights cut for you. Then just drop them in the mail. They dont haven any patterns for tail lights.

Sounds good. If I come across anyone wanting this I will keep you in mind. Usually they just ask me to paint them which is fine if they want to pay for it but I will give them the option of this 3M film and see what they prefer.

Archived