Need suggestion to correct the paint

blackjz

I have a problem to remove this paint defect..what combo do i use since I have OP (not OP II), OHC and 3M UF, I will be using LC CCS and Flat pads? THanks in advance

resizelj4.th.jpg

Picture isn't large enough to really see the area you're speaking of so if possible can you post a larger picture?

Usually as long as you can't feel the scratch with your nail it should be correctable.....if it's something other than a scratch and it improves by hand rubbing then most likely it can be corrected by machine.

Get a bigger more defined picture up and we'll see what we can do.

Anthony

It's a medium/hard paint. As Chris suggested try some 105 with a polishing pad, like an Lake Country white pad.

If no 105 then use Optimum polish and a Lake Country foamed wool pad, OP and LC white pad then either OP and a finishing pad or try UF/LC white pad then finishing pad also using UF.

Anthony

Looks like a few RDS along with the swirls. To get it perfect, you'll have to take off as much as the deepest scratch. I'd try to locate some M105 followed by the OP then the UF. Pad selection will be determined by your test panel result.

Thanks for the reply integrity...i dont have M105, will OHC give the same result?

What type of polisher are you going to use Rotary or DA?

I have makita 9227c, flex 3403 and PC7424..but i prefer 3403 better, since it's very light

It's a medium/hard paint. As Chris suggested try some 105 with a polishing pad, like an Lake Country white pad.

If no 105 then use Optimum polish and a Lake Country foamed wool pad, OP and LC white pad then either OP and a finishing pad or try UF/LC white pad then finishing pad also using UF.

Anthony

thanks for the reply anthony...does UF give more cut that OP with the same pad? and UF has filler? i have lots of green LC, can i use them instead of white LC?

Thanks for the reply guys :thumbsupup[1]:

Yes you can use the green pads in place of the LC white.

OP may do all the correction but this depends a great deal on the type of pads you have and also experience. If I were doing this car and all I had was OP and UF I would try a green pad with OP at 1500 rpms. If that did the trick my next pad choice would be blue and OP @ 1100 rpms and then rinse that blue pad and work UF in with an orbital.

If the green pad and OP did not work to my satisfaction I would go with foamed wool and OP and then green, blue and finish it with UF and an orbital.

Anthony

Yes you can use the green pads in place of the LC white.

OP may do all the correction but this depends a great deal on the type of pads you have and also experience. If I were doing this car and all I had was OP and UF I would try a green pad with OP at 1500 rpms. If that did the trick my next pad choice would be blue and OP @ 1100 rpms and then rinse that blue pad and work UF in with an orbital.

If the green pad and OP did not work to my satisfaction I would go with foamed wool and OP and then green, blue and finish it with UF and an orbital.

Anthony

blue LC pads? unfortunately the softest pad i have is LC black pads and 3m Black waffle pads i got from an online store in US..can i use one of them instead blue pads?

what's the reason using uf with orbital? to jewel the finish? can i use a rotary instead?

thanks for sharing anthony

Just as long as you downgrade from cutting and polishing to finishing pads. The key is to not skip the middle polishing steps. In other words don't go from a cutting/leveling step to a finishing step too quickly.

The idea behind finishing off with an orbital is to remove all traces of buffer holograms. Best bet is to give the Ferrari a test spot and see what will work best.

Happy to help and good luck with the detail.

Anthony

got that..so i use the green pad with op than following with OP n finishing pad then UF with finishing pad and orbital.. and the speed doesnt exceed 1500rpm?

thanks alot anthony..i will do the detail this weekend :thumbsupup[1]:

Archived