A Visit from Dr. G

I am currently working with José Fernandez of Superior Shine to polish a WW2 B17 Bomber in California, and today Dr. G went way out of his way to check in on the project . As always it was a pleasure to see his smiling face, and share with him on the virtues of the Optimum metal polish. I will share some photos tomorrow or Sat on the plane, but just wanted to share how dedicated Dr. G is to the success of his clients.

I am currently working with José Fernandez of Superior Shine to polish a WW2 B17 Bomber in California, and today Dr. G went way out of his way to check in on the project . As always it was a pleasure to see his smiling face, and share with him on the virtues of the Optimum metal polish. I will share some photos tomorrow or Sat on the plane, but just wanted to share how dedicated Dr. G is to the success of his clients.

Yvan,

It was a great pleasure to see you again and to meet some of the other highly talented detailers working with you on this massive restoration project. Both the B25 bomber that you had restored last month and the B17 bomber you were finishing last week were truly amazing. The aluminum finish on these planes was flawless and the reflection was unmatched.

Of course this was achieved through many many hours of hard work with a great deal of passion for perfection. I appreciate that you are sharing the photos of these stunning planes here and I am sure everyone will enjoy them thoroughly.

David,

Here are a few pics

the before

b17firstdayyvan035.jpg

the during

b17firstdayyvan001.jpg

the end result from the left, José Fernandez (superior shine), me, My wife Sylvie

b17dernierjouryvan102.jpg

For those interested the spectacular shine you see is thanks to Optimums Metal Polish, not only did it give better than expected results, but also saved much time compared to other metal polishes. Once again thanks Dr. G.

To Bad that you couldn't give David some credit over on the Meguiars forum. You could only state that it was a custom made polish for you guys. How dose this help the ones who want to know over there. :)

The fact that you even gave samples to the Meguiars corp guys after they were finished testing their products that didn't work as well as the Optimum product is a real slap in the face to David. :angry:

Lots of people mention Optimum on the MOL forum.

To Bad that you couldn't give David some credit over on the Meguiars forum. You could only state that it was a custom made polish for you guys. How dose this help the ones who want to know over there. :)

The fact that you even gave samples to the Meguiars corp guys after they were finished testing their products that didn't work as well as the Optimum product is a real slap in the face to David. :angry:

Lots of people mention Optimum on the MOL forum.

Ron

Rest assured did not give samples to Megs, and they have no need to make such a product, it's not a consumer level product, and yes Megs did provide us with other products, as they are supporters of the Lyons Museum and regularly provide care products for them. The Megs people were quite impressed with the Optimum polish. The goal was to not give away our secrets to the world. There is strong competition in the airplane market, and honestly Davids polish is head and shoulder and even chest above the rest. David was made aware of our strategy from the start. So the longer we can keep it to ourselves the longer we have an edge over the competition. Mystery is a positive thing for us in this case. Rest assured I have nothing but good things to say of both Dr. G and his products( I have converted many a detailer to his line of products, even 20 year Megs only users), not to mention stellar customer service, a strong capability to listen to his customers, and even modify products to fit there needs. It's rare that a week goes by that I do not speak to David, sharing with him any info that I can to make his products better(when that is possible) or when I have marketing and packaging ideas.

How is this product not a consumer level product. It started off as just that with Victory motorcycles!

Competition must not be that stiff if you can mention the optimum metal polish on Mobile Works.

I may be wrong about this but somewhere down the road it will be said that the custom made polish that we used on the 17 was a prototype of the new Meguiars metal polish. This is where I see your statement heading. It may not be you that says it but it's you that sewed the seed in the earth.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the Megs and Optimum deal (I dont get who is sticking up for which company) but anyways, Yvan, the plane looks awesome! I would have LOVED to help on an old WWII style plane! I've always like those old planes and used to go see them at air shows when I was little and just always amazed by them and their style (nothing beats old cars, planes or style). It looks like you guys did an AWESOME job and the Optimum metal polish obviously did a great job at getting it to SHINE! I still need to try this optimum polish because I use Blue Majic (over the counter stuff at Auto Zone) that works better than Megs or Mothers polishes I have used.

How is this product not a consumer level product. It started off as just that with Victory motorcycles!

Competition must not be that stiff if you can mention the optimum metal polish on Mobile Works.

I may be wrong about this but somewhere down the road it will be said that the custom made polish that we used on the 17 was a prototype of the new Meguiars metal polish. This is where I see your statement heading. It may not be you that says it but it's you that sewed the seed in the earth.

Ron,

One of the great things about our forum has been that we have always focused on the positives which has helped us further ourselves and each other. I think it is great that Optimum has been a part of the restoration of these historical planes and that is why I asked Yvan to post these pictures here for all of us to enjoy.

I have not had a chance to post the pictures of the B25 bomber I took, but to me it looks even more stunning than the B17. Thank you.

David,

Ron and Yvan, what kind of pads did you guys use on these planes with the Optimum Metal polish? I have a pontoon boat to do that has the aluminum bottom and I am wanting to polish them to a SHINE! :)

Shawn

We used lake country Wool pads. Foam is not a good choice for polishing metal, and DA's create a haze.

Here are some pics of the B25.

b25001.jpg

After

100_1784.jpg

b17dernierjouryvan011.jpg

Man Yvan that looks killer!!! I see the old side car motorcycle below it as well. I have always wanted an old WWII style side car motorcycle and would kill to have one in decent shape. They bring a LOT of money though and that's money I dont have haha. How often do you guys do projects like this for the planes? I noticed that on mobileworks.com you or someone there asked for people to join to help on a plane (maybe this one I dont know?) and was wondering how I could ever get on to do such a thing if they do another one that is on the East coast? I have never polished something that big of course but I think it would be fun and especially on a piece of history such as this...

Archived