Tips for OPII...

Bigpikle

Tried OPII finally for the first time this week. Only did a few panels, used with a Megs polishing pad and a 3M black polishing pad, and LOVED the zero sling and zero dusting formula. Only issue was slightly less cut than I was hoping for. I worked it at 900rpm for a couple of passes and then at 1450rpm with only the weight on the machine really, for lots of passes until it was done.

Any tips? I didnt get a chance to experiment very much so am looking for ideas.

thanks

• 2 months later...
Tried OPII finally for the first time this week. Only did a few panels, used with a Megs polishing pad and a 3M black polishing pad, and LOVED the zero sling and zero dusting formula. Only issue was slightly less cut than I was hoping for. I worked it at 900rpm for a couple of passes and then at 1450rpm with only the weight on the machine really, for lots of passes until it was done.

Any tips? I didnt get a chance to experiment very much so am looking for ideas.

thanks

I wonder the same thing...i would expect OPII give more cut..is there anything to increase the cut..i usually use it with LC Green german Pad...is it necessary to use orange pad..or better to switch to OHC n Green pad?

THanks

As Integrity noted OPII is a really nice polish and depending on the paint (soft/hard) it can do correction work on soft but may not have enough umph to correct on harder paints.

If you like the low dust/no sling workability of OPII then move up to a Lake Country foamed wool pad and see if that helps then work yourself down to a LC white pad.

OPII has less lubricating properties of the original OP and also more abrasives but the design was once again to be a polish but not a compound. You'll have to wait a bit more for that tweak.

Anthony

Archived