New Car Care

cptzippy

I have a new car coming :) I bought a new Lexus IS C 350 (Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Black Leather interior). I've been using ONR for about 6 months now and have really liked it. I have been using Prima Products and like them but wanna see what my regimen would be like with Optimum Products. What would you guys recommend to keep my new car as new as possible for as long as possible?

TIA,

Tony

:drive1[1]:

First thing you could do is clay the car(new cars are far from contaminenet free), then have someone apply Opti-Coat if there is a rep in your area. Following that a regular ONR and OID maintenance will keep it good for a long time. Clay and OS every 6 months is good as well.

I guess my bottom line up front is deciding if I want to go totally with Optimum products to maintain my new major investment?

Use what you are most comfy with. Optimum is known for its workability and great ease of use. I think another plus for Optimum is it's not cluttered with dozens of different polishes and waxes.

Think I'm sold :drive1[1]:

So would this be the process (assuming I have gotten the wax off):

ONR

PS

OS

OCW

for the full treatment?

Clay after ONR and don't forget to take before and after pictures.

Technicians Choice is a contract chemical supplier to dealers. Nothing really special about them.

I wouls do a ONR.

Light claying.

Poli-Seal polish.

Opti-Seal.

Then maintain with ONR and Spray Wax.

Don't forget to pick up some Protectant Plus for your interior protection a little bottle of the optimum metal polish for your exhaust tips and some tire shine.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful car! I too recently bought a new car and have left it to Optimum to be my go to product set. I can't imagine you'll be dissappointed if you do too. I am very pleased by the results with the optimum line, interior and exterior. I keep thinking I should have to work harder to get such good results, but happily I don't.

Got my order so started Friday evening on winter prep. Had ONR'd my car at lunch (so quick :drive1[1]: ) so I clayed with ONR at lube strength and Meg's blue clay. ONR'd again in the morning when I started back up and did my first OS application. Pretty easy but it was humid so it didn't flash off quick no matter how little I seemed to use. Put on the second application first thing this morning; was a lot easier as it was drier. I also liked using a smooth mf applicator better when I tried it (Prima Skinny pad). I OID QDed to get any dust off before hand. That was about 10am and waited till about 3 pm to try for a last application. How long should this set up last - 4 months?

Put a quick coat of OCW on before I went into work this evening (about 2 hours after the last OS application).

Will get some pics on when I get a chance and some energy. Overall I'm very happy with my results. If the durability is up there as advertised and what other folks seem to be getting then I'll be a convert :)

• 2 weeks later...
First thing you could do is clay the car(new cars are far from contaminenet free), then have someone apply Opti-Coat if there is a rep in your area. Following that a regular ONR and OID maintenance will keep it good for a long time. Clay and OS every 6 months is good as well.

yvan, will claying strip off the opticoat? or opticoat clay resistant ?:drive1[1]:

Archived