hyper-polish on windshield?

onebadf150

I was going to clay my wind shield this weekend and was wondering if I could use the hyper-polish and a glass polishing pad on my DA buffer to clean and polish up the glass? I was wondering if I can wax the glass after with either the opti-seal or the opti-spray wax I have.

thanks for the response I love the products!

Nick

• 6 years later...

Hi

would like to do the same thing my glass has the image of the honda advertising on them after it was removed  I  guess  they were on there for years and show up in the rain some times I hope polishing would get rid of it  will try some glass polish maybe

This is what I did recently to remove the outline of old lettering on my windscreen and it worked really well. 

I clayed, polished with a DA and metal polish (one that is approved for use on glass) and then a thorough clean with a glass cleaner and waffle weave towel. 

I then put 2 coats of Opti-Seal and 2 coats of Car Wax. The wax can be skipped as it may leave a slight haze sometimes, but I haven't had any issues. 

21 hours ago, theTHiiiNG said:

This is what I did recently to remove the outline of old lettering on my windscreen and it worked really well. 

I clayed, polished with a DA and metal polish (one that is approved for use on glass) and then a thorough clean with a glass cleaner and waffle weave towel. 

I then put 2 coats of Opti-Seal and 2 coats of Car Wax. The wax can be skipped as it may leave a slight haze sometimes, but I haven't had any issues. 

Thanks this what i will do

18 hours ago, A&J said:

yes hyper polish can be used on glass with no issue. I use it before applying a glass coating.

Great thanks 

Archived