OC 2.0 and Paint Warranties

pwaug

I suggested OC 2.0 on a none detailing automotive website the other day and had a strange reaction by a number of members--they thouht OC 2.0 might void their paint warranties on a new car. Has anyone had this question and is there any information I can pass on to wipe away their fears??

It won't void a warranty. It doesn't alter the OEM paint, it only bonds to it and it can be removed by polishing. I can tell you what will void a paint warranty...polishing/compounding measurable amounts of clear away. OptiCoat/OptiGuard add back some clear thickness remove by polishing so it's always an improvement over polishing alone even if it didn't make the car easier to clean and repeal contaminants.

Sent from my IPhone

Is it really fair to say that OptiCoat adds clear thickness? Even if it increases readings on a paint thickness gauge, and as great as a product as it is, it doesn't contain the hardeners or UV inhibitors that fully baked and cured OEM clearcoat contains.

Yes it really adds clear coat thickness because it is a clear coat. It is a pre polymer resin that hardens and has UV blockers. CQUARTZ would be an example of an extended life sealant that doesn't really add anything, but only sits on the surface until it wears away. That's why I've always tried to make the distinction between nano sealants and actual coatings. Paint is a coating...and Opti Coat is a coating.

OC becomes part of the topcoat via a covelant bond. Sealants and waxes "rest above" via a hydrogen bond that is very weak by comparison.

Well I stand corrected! I think I should have used more question marks, thanks for clearing up my confusion. Hopefully the old "If you've got a question, one of your classmates is probably wondering the same thing" proverb come into play here :)

Archived