ONR and Keeping Old Paint Good

cptzippy

I've virtually abandoned the old two bucket method (in fact gave away my last shampoo about 4 months ago) in favor or ONR and OOC. However, I'm about to spend a lot of time getting the finish on my old Jag XJS in tip top shape. After I do that I obviously want to keep marring to a minimum. I was just about to go back to the two bucket method but would I be making a mistake?

Can I use ONR on my car and get as mar free results as a careful Two Bucket wash?

Here's the old girl in question:

DSC_2588.jpg

If the car ever gets super dirty blow off the loose debris with a pressure washer then onr it. You'll maintain a perfect finish as long as you don't go months between washes and expect onr not to mar the paint. Other then that keep your wash media in good shape and use good drying towels and you'll have no issues :)

Keeping toels and the like for designated uses minimizes the chances of marring as well. I use my newest towels for drying, when they've seen some wear they move on to be wash or interior towels. I would never use the same towel for cleaning brake dust and drying the paint as an example.

Archived