Opti-Coat on wheels, problems?

Lowejackson

This is more of a general query about OC on wheels. I made the suggestion on another forum to use OC on wheels as I have seen many threads talk about this and do not remember a single issue. I am not discounting the possibility my memory is faulty here.

Anyway at the end of page 2 http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290660&page=2 (hope it is ok to link to other sites) someone says they had problems with brake dust and yellowing which was then followed by someone else saying OC did not seem to release the brake dust easily. I should also say both have used OC on their paint without any problem, so just to put my mind at rest, are there any general issues with OC on wheels?

I just read the post over there. From his post I've not seen where he mentions that he knows for sure the protection is there. Are the rims sheeting water where he says there's adhesion problems with brake dust? I coat every customers rims, one customer only has me wash their car once per year, and that's the only wash it receives during the year. I'm actually about to do it in a couple of weeks, I'll post pics of the rims, it's a ford f150 that has crazy brake dust problems. Needless to say even after the customer not washing them I've not run into a problem removing the brake dust. My last thought, I've never seen any "yellowing" with opti coat, nor on any forum that I read, have I heard of that problem. Maybe he can post a pic for us to see, I saw his car, but no pic of the yellowing.

Archived