Question for Anthony and Ron.

Rob

Do you guys teach classes or have you thought about teaching classes? I would like to and I would guess many others would also attend to learn such things as scratch and swirl removal, Ron could teach proper techniques with the steamer, how to use the rotary buffer, etc. It doesn't really have to be a class per say but just a once a year thing to meet up and exchange new techniques that people picked up throughout the year. The main reason I ask is I will be picking up a rotary buffer in the next few months and figure after looking at your constant parade of beautiful cars that you guys would be a ideal set of guys to learn from. Just an idea.

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the question and also the thoughts. Ron and I , and also Dr. G., have spoken about this numerous times and we would really like to hold some seminars covering these things. I was supposed to go to California next month for a week at the 2007 Porsche Parade and hold a seminar there but it looks like things won't work in my favor for that.

There are so many things on my plate right now with business that there doesn't seem to be much time for doing tutorials let alone hold a seminar but it's not something I want to totally block out either. I think it would be great to have an "Optimum Detailing Day" or "days" at some point and get a chance to personally meet many of you.

This is one reason why I set up the forum to host "Live Chat". I hope to have our first chat this coming week.

We'll keep this idea open!

Thanks,

Anthony

Do you guys teach classes or have you thought about teaching classes? I would like to and I would guess many others would also attend to learn such things as scratch and swirl removal, Ron could teach proper techniques with the steamer, how to use the rotary buffer, etc. It doesn't really have to be a class per say but just a once a year thing to meet up and exchange new techniques that people picked up throughout the year. The main reason I ask is I will be picking up a rotary buffer in the next few months and figure after looking at your constant parade of beautiful cars that you guys would be a ideal set of guys to learn from. Just an idea.

Rob,

I would love to teach people the art of detailing as well as Anthony.

It is something we have talked about doing. However it would require a lot of time and a sizable investment.

We probably could make this back after few classes but after that we would be competing with the Right Look and Klean Car

as well as the various other smaller schools on the market. We have the product line to back us up. The marketing would be tough.

I find the people on forums like Autopia would not be willing to pay 500.00 to learn to do a proper detail.

We have been working on something that we think will change the detailing industry and would require special training.

With the training you would be able to purchase Optimum products at a lower price as well as being the only person offering this new technology in your area. We are thinking about offering distributor licenses as well for the new technology.

It is probably a couple of years away from being done.

I would like to have an Optimum BBQ but would need to have it in a central location.

Wouls be a cool idea for a seminar for you guys to show people your methods. like you said it would need a lot of time and money to make it happen, not to mention all kinds of small issues coming up. have either of you or Dr G thought of making a DVD ? I am sure many people here and on Autopia would buy one. maybe start small at first and see how it goes. just a thought . interested in this new technology, sounds like you guys are getting ready to shake things up down the road :beerchug[1]:

We have been working on something that we think will change the detailing industry and would require special training.

With the training you would be able to purchase Optimum products at a lower price as well as being the only person offering this new technology in your area. We are thinking about offering distributor licenses as well for the new technology.

It is probably a couple of years away from being done.

I would like to have an Optimum BBQ but would need to have it in a central location.

If you decide to do the BBQ I'll make the 4.5 hour drive from Brownsville! I would also be happy to contribute in any way possible when it comes about; monetary, labor, whatever. My last trip to San Antonio (Oct. '06) was to take care of my Mother's affairs after she passed away......not a pleasant trip. I would enjoy the drive looking forward to a much lighter mood and chowing down on some good ole BBQ.

I would like to make it over from SoCal as well.....I love the idea of live chat, sometimes however the time for it is tough for PST as I am still on the road around 4:30 pm PST.

I will be in the OC area in July.

I imagine that i could make the trip over there from my neck of the woods...about five miles away!

Ron;

You already have a pair of students, and I will be paying you for some more training soon. As my company grows, guess where I will go to 'get my guys learned up some more' after I have taught the basics? It's something you already do!!

One aspect that you may not have considered yet is that the training and certification process is an excellent tool for recruiting employees for your own business. Also, some business owners (like myself), are more than willing to spend some money to train their employees (if they are smart.) It's a cost effective way to ensure quality work.

Archived