Opti Seal and what to use with

Hi,

I am thinking about using Opti Seal for my new corvette and my wifes 06 Lexus Rx400. What I'm unsure of is do I need to use anything with optiseal or do I just use it alone? Will it make the car shine with just the optiseal?

I was thinking of the spray wax followed by opti seal assuming I would only have to wax once because the optiseal would protect it?

For the wifes car that is not new, would the same thing work or would I need to use something else? I want the cars to shine but mainly I'm really interested in protecting the car and making them easy to clean from bugs and such and possibly eggs when the idiot kids have nothing better to do.

Thanks

Rob

Hi,

I am thinking about using Opti Seal for my new corvette and my wifes 06 Lexus Rx400. What I'm unsure of is do I need to use anything with optiseal or do I just use it alone? Will it make the car shine with just the optiseal?

I was thinking of the spray wax followed by opti seal assuming I would only have to wax once because the optiseal would protect it?

For the wifes car that is not new, would the same thing work or would I need to use something else? I want the cars to shine but mainly I'm really interested in protecting the car and making them easy to clean from bugs and such and possibly eggs when the idiot kids have nothing better to do.

Thanks

Rob

Hello and welcome Rob :beerchug[1]:

I would personally first clay the cars and if needed polish with either Optimum Polish or the light polish of your choice. Remember that Optimum Car Wax nor OptiSeal have any cleaning properties to them, they are designed to enhance gloss and protect.

Do you have any type of orbital polisher like a PC and pads?

After washing, claying and perhaps polishing, apply the OptiSeal to a cool and dry surface. Prime the sponge pad with a spray or two, squeeze the pad and then spray it once more and then apply to the paint, working the OptiSeal in well. Your pad with its initial primer sprays should do two or more panels easy. Add more OptiSeal as you feel it needs.

Your first use of this product may be a bit awkward as it goes against everything you have used in the past most likely so give it a chance and you'll soon be doing your cars in no time which gives you more time for driving them :thumbsupup[1]:

After a few hours apply a second coat....then a third, fourth and then use Optimum spray wax to top it all off.....or you can after a few hours of applying your first layer of OptiSeal use OCW to remove any streaks and add slickness and depth.

While OptiSeal will protect your paint and help in the removal of bugs, as will OCW, sadly nothing will protect your paint against an egg. Not so much the egg yolk because if removed shortly after being hit no damage should occur from that but rather it's the egg shell itself which upon impact cuts into the paint. These are visible as small half-moon shaped marks. Why people do this I have no idea.....idiots!

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions please ask,

Anthony

so I'm assunming that with a new car, I wouldn't need any cleaner so I can just use the optiseal and maybe the ocw as well. But shouldn't hte ocw go under the optiseal so I don't have to keep putting it on?

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest applying two coats Opti-Seal as a base sealant as a stand alone protectant on your Vette, or wait a day and then apply a coat of Collinite 845IW for a warmer look that offers as much protection and durability as a sealant. I noticed that Opti-Seal will darken colors like reds, so that might also be a bases to use it as an under sealant, the look is very distinctive compared to a car without a sealant under.

New cars can have pretty weathered finishes quite often...

This is an absolute fact. Often your paint will look 60+% better once your new car is taken to a really good pro detailer. That goes for Porsches Vettes, etc. The paint is not well taken care of in it's pre-delivery stage. If you don't have a PC type polisher, you might ask around this board for a referrence to a top notch detailer in your area. After that, you can just wash, apply OSW and opti-seal, and you'll be good to go for a good long while. Long term it's good to buy a good clay, pc, a light polish, wax and opti-seal. All of those together will cost about what a top of the line detailer will charge once.

Archived