YouTube video showing drying with OOS?

neonglh

I am not sure who runs this YouTube channel, but they have a video showing how you can save time by washing with ONR, and then drying with a microfiber towel spritzed with OOS, so you can dry and seal in one step. What are the thoughts on this? I normally dry with a spritz of Instant Gloss Enhancer to add a bit of lubricity to drying, but I would have never thought you could seal and dry at the same time. Thoughts from the powers that be?

Here is the link to the YouTube video, on the OptimumPolumerTechnologies account:

The part I am talking about occurs at around 1:56 into the video.

We spritz the OptiSeal on the car instead of the towel, works great.

Interesting.

Do you feel the durability of OOS is worth the extra expense? I often use Optimum Wax or DG Aquawax as a drying aid/ wax booster and like both, but I've never tried OOS that way. Considering OOS is more than three times as costly as the spray wax, I'd have to see a real benefit in either durability or time saving to justify the cost.

Of course, my curiosity level is high enough now that I'll probably try it anyway once the weather is mild enough!

Bill

Try it, you use so little of it that in reality it,s not any more expensive than OCW. We get 40 cars per bottle easy, so less than 70 cents a car. It makes drying easier then even OCW.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried it! Happy to report that it works like a charm! It's easier to wipe off as you dry the car as compared with OCW. And the shine is almost immediate and to me looks better than OCW...Took me by surprise actually. Though I think I used more than when applying optiseal to a completely dry car.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived