Driven Auto Detail: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

My wife is a graphic designer at one of the local hospitals. When we started my business a couple months ago, we approached the hospital about offering my services as a concierge service to all hospital employees. The reason we did this is because they have a 4-page list of preferred retailers and those retailers offer some sort of incentive to the hospital employees. We figured with all the doctors and surgeons in the hospital, we hope that it will bring us a lot of business.

One of the people we worked with throughout the process was the head of maintenance who oversees everything inside and outside of the hospital. His team of people have a maintenance building on the back perimeter of the hospital grounds and he was nice enough to offer me space in the building during the winter months and days of inclement weather when I'm working on hospital employees' vehicles. Of course I took him up on his offer. So, after finalizing all the details he became my first hospital employee customer.

It was a good thing I could work in their building because when I left the house this morning, it was 33*. One problem that I encountered was that I couldn't find all the imperfections in the paint with my Brinkman light. After finishing the car and pulling it out of the garage and into the sun, I found some swirls that I wish I would of known about so I could have corrected them. Oh well, live and learn.

For those that have checked out my new website you've seen that I'm featuring Optimum products. I'm still in the process of clearing out some old products so that is why I am still using some other products.

On to the detail...

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT / Dark Red Exterior / Ebony Interior / Owner is a heavy smoker

Service: Full Detail

Time: Approx. 6 hours (still on the slower side)

EXTERIOR

-Wash-

ONR

-Tires, Wheels, & Wells-

ONR

Meg's Hyper-Dressing 2:1 on the wells

DP Tire Gel on the tires

DG AquaWax on the wheels

-Clay-

TOL purple clay with ONR

-Polish-

Optimum Polish via UDM and Meg's yellow polishing pad

-Protect-

Optimum Opti-Seal

INTERIOR

-Carpets & Mats-

Vac

DP Total Interior Cleaner

Durrmaid Hot Water Extractor

Meg's #23 Odor Eliminator

-Leather & Plastics-

DP Interior Cleaner

DP Interior Protectant

-Glass-

DG Rain Repel

BEFORE

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3195.jpg

Guest Driven Auto Detail
Great job on the detail! I've noticed that you do really high quality work!

Thanks, I really try to. I've yet to come away from a job completely satisfied with my work. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Either way, I try to do quality work that will keep people coming back.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Calgary,

I actually have a Brinkmann hand held light that I use. For whatever reason, I didn't see the swirls with it that I saw out in the sun. I also have halogens that I can take with me, but I've never had a problem not seeing the swirls with my Brinkmann. Maybe one day down the road I'll have enough business to justify a $300 sun gun :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Archived