Who are you?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

The more I browse this board the more I am trying to figure out who everyone is, particularly the senior members.

I know who Dr. G is, so I'm good on that one :)

Anthony Orosco - I know you have the online store and you do some great tutorials. I assume you're affiliated with Optimum. If so, how are you affiliated?

Scott H - I think you did the OS tutorial. Did you do any others? Are you affiliated with Optimum?

Everyone else - who are you? :clap2[1]:

Me? I'm 27, married for 4.5 years, no kids, 2 lab retrievers, and live about 30 minutes west of downtown Indianapolis, IN. I'm a mobile detailer in the first year of business (only been full time since beginning of Sept. '07 though). I've decided to use Optimum as my feature product manufacturer, although I'm still trying to clear out some old stock from other manufacturers. That's me in a nutshell.

You're turn!

I am a 20 year old Junior at Western Michigan University. My major is Finance and I have a General Business minor. I am originally from a small town about 20 minutes west of Grand Rapids, Michigan. My college is in Kalamazoo, Michigan (45 minutes south of Grand Rapids). I have a girlfriend that I've been dating for little over 4 months. I have no pets.

I detail a few cars on the side and would like to detail cars full time someday by starting my own mobile detailing business.

My other interests besides detailing are going to car shows, building model cars, hanging out with my girlfriend, going to church, and nature walks/hanging out at the beach. I love West Michigan's beaches!!

Well Anthony Orosco owns this site, the online store as well as his primary detailing business, Ultimate Reflections, in San Antonio. He is one of the primary professional field testers for Optimium, as is Ron Harris. Ron is also a professional detailor, also a field testor for Optimum and collaborates with Anthony on occasion. Ron is also one of the three site moderators along with Anthony and myself.

I'm not a pro-detailer. I own and am restoring a 21 year old black Porsche 944 turbo. I know Anthony through his expert advice given on Rennlist. So, in terms of this site, it belongs to Anthony, and Ron and I try to help keep an eye on it.

Scott H., I believe, is also a professional detailer. I'm not sure of his region, but yes he does know his stuff and adds some great info to this site.

At the top of the site you will find a welcome and introduction thread. In that thread you'll find both seriously qualified detailers as well as a large number of serious hobbyist detailers like myself.

Unlike most web boards, we have been EXTREMELY fortunate to have a group of members that provide little if any drama, while providing among the very best how-to knowledge available anywhere. You will be hard pressed to find ANY false or misleading info here.

As I said, we have been extremely fortunate in that regard.

Most of that is due to our policy of allowing our members to speak freely and to express their real world opinions on products, techniques and experiences.

So welcome aboard. We're very grateful to have you.

Elliott

Yep, pretty much what Mr. Ehall stated there :)

Except it was Steven H. and not Scott H. that did the Opti-Seal tutorial.

As for more on me......I'm 40ish and have been at this labor of love now for 18 years. I have 4 kids, a dog and a cat that adopted us some time ago. I started this forum because most detailing forums are sponsor driven but I foot the bill on here, Optimum is not a sponsor. I believe in the product, to be the best all around product line, so I sought to share it with others while still allowing for an open discussion of other products. You won't find that on most forums.

Take care,

Anthony

I am 57 and was detailing on the side for forty years to earn golf money with the last two years full time detailing.

Married to my bride for twenty years [we still love each other,] two rescued dogs and reside in the Atlanta metro area.

In a severe drought that incorporates four neighbor states. Probably run out of drinking water in January if you believe the “experts.”

I have an opportunity with this water issue and with the help of friends we are redoing my entire business, still tweaking as we slowly move forward…tiny steps.

Getting all my ducks in a row at times is like trying to wrestle an octopus!

I will present more facts in the future and my launch date is December 15th.

Detailing will not be my core business moving forward [again detailing for green fees] as we see more profits selling a product that fits the needs or demands here with this drought and so many dirty cars.

Looking into the crystal ball after the drought is over there is no way that anybody will be allowed to use a hose and wash their cars again around here, it is just not going to happen and we are positioning my company to fill a void.

Being in the right place at the right time with the right product =$$$, Eco-Safe, earth friendly, GREEN product = ONR.

Enjoy your day,

Al the PaintPolisher

Looking into the crystal ball after the drought is over there is no way that anybody will be allowed to use a hose and wash their cars again around here, it is just not going to happen and we are positioning my company to fill a void.

Being in the right place at the right time with the right product =$$$, Eco-Safe, earth friendly, GREEN product = ONR.

This sounds like a great opportunity for you. Way to take advantage of this!! :beerchug[1]:

So are you writing a book about Detail Dorks?

I'm 41 years old. Been marred for 16 years have 4 kids a dog and 2 cats.

I reside in San Antonio Texas but was borne and raised in the Orange County area of So Cal.

I moved here a little over three years ago. I have been detailing as a pro since the mid 90's.

2000 is when I was trained to do Paintless Dent Repair. I love it as much as detailing however it pays much better.

I'm currently trying to market the PDR and do less detailing This is to have more capital to work with for a complete recon shop I would like to open up.

I grew up around classics and Hot Rods. I enjoy alternative music from the 80's

I have been an Optimum user for 3 years now and cant think of any other product I would use a 100%

I test and give David feed back on the products and have become good friends. Most of the time we talk on the phone a little about products and alot about other things.

My goal in life is to get Sal Zaino switch over to Davids formulas and mfg. plant.

Guest Driven Auto Detail
So are you writing a book about Detail Dorks?

LOL, not yet...j/k! :beerchug[1]:

Honestly, I recently decided to feature Optimum as manufacturer of choice for my detailing biz. Even though this is a relatively new board, I like hanging out here. With a handful of you seeming to have a vested interest in Optimum, I was just curious who and how some of you were affiliated with Optimum. I wasn't real concerned about the personal side of everyones lives but it is always nice to know where everyone comes from.

I'm just excited about finding a manufacturer that has products that standout, products that are priced right, products that are environmentally safe, and products that I really enjoy using. At first I was going to use Meg's because they were very competitively priced, but I just couldn't convince myself to like them like some do. Optimum has everything I was looking for. My only problem now is trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all these other products that don't have the Optimum logo on them :).

Archived