Polish, compound, speed, prime, trigger issue

anders_swe

I have been using  the hyper polish and compound a couple of times now.  When i watched som videos i got a little bit confused about some things regarding this. In som videos they are showing you should use speed 5, in other videos i see i would be enough with speed 3.  Speed 5 i understand can be a little to much in that case it will give unwanted heat. Another question is sometimes i see they dampen the pad, and sometimes not. My question is would it be ok to spray som onr on the pad before spraying the polish or compound? The last question the bottles i bought have a black spray trigger and this triggers won't mist either the polish or compound.  When i look on the website i see there is another spray trigger on these bottles could this be the problem. And i have shaken the bottles before use so that is not the issue.

But great products but hope for some help :) 

• 1 month later...

Anders, different detailer/enthusiasts use different speeds based on their experience and preference, there is no single right answer.  OPT in general believes slower is better.  We recommend always dampening the pad and ONR is an excellent product to use for that.  Sometimes the sprayers need to be cleaned -  soak the trigger/tube  in an all purpose cleaner or dish detergent to remove gummed polish that can block the mechanism.

Välkommen Anders!

Slower is better with the paint we have today (speed about 3-3,5) because then we can have less heat and the cut is still great with these compunds/polishes. Don't be afraid to use microfiber pads but if you don't need them, don't use them (preserve the coating). I also clean the sprayers if I know that I won't be using them for a while. I have the original caps left and use those on the spray-bottles.

Archived