SiO2 and SDS

bird-keeper

On 3/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, bird-keeper said:

So is it safe to assume that SiO2 is not considered an active ingredient that has to be listed? OPT products are not the only ones I've noticed that are missing the SiO2 on the SDS.

I don't think you are required to list active ingredients if they are not "safety" issues--the purpose of an SDS is not to list the ingredients of a product, but to inform interested parties (distributors, shippers, users) if there are harmful ingredients, how to protect yourself from them, and how to clean up and dispose of the product in case of a spill.

3 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

I don't think you are required to list active ingredients if they are not "safety" issues--the purpose of an SDS is not to list the ingredients of a product, but to inform interested parties (distributors, shippers, users) if there are harmful ingredients, how to protect yourself from them, and how to clean up and dispose of the product in case of a spill.

I guess that was really my question. I didn't know the form in which the SiO2 is integrated into the product so I wasn't sure if it was considered a hazardous component or if "SiO2" has become a generic term for a much more complex compound that is already listed in the SDS.