OP Coatings

digital808

Dann Williams is not an owner for OP, but a key employee.  I'm sure he influenced their product line, but Dann is not a chemist and was not involved with OPT product development beyond testing. I don't know where OP is getting product (they are not, to my knowledge, a manufacturer), and wonder where their SiC chemistry comes from.  I don't know of any other ceramic with true SiC formulas.

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Dann Williams is not an owner for OP, but a key employee.  I'm sure he influenced their product line, but Dann is not a chemist and was not involved with OPT product development beyond testing. I don't know where OP is getting product (they are not, to my knowledge, a manufacturer), and wonder where their SiC chemistry comes from.  I don't know of any other ceramic with true SiC formulas.

Thanks for the clarification.  

2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

OP has not introduced ceramic coatings yet - scheduled for 10/1. 

Hi Ron, do you mean they haven't introduced their new line yet?  Because for a year or so I've seen videos about their ceramic coating.  So it's out there, at least in the hands of installers.

BC, there you go again, questioning many things I state.  I don't know what ceramics OP has been demoing, but I've attached the announcement FROM THEM about their new line ceramic coatings. For more info on OP, please go to their forum:

Hi Ron,  Sorry if you feel I am questioning your statements, nothing directed at you personally.  I am simply responding to re-clarify statements that I've seen contradictory information just so I and any forum readers can all gain additional clarity.   I don't like seeing contradictory information and it's in my nature to get to the bottom of things so I and future people who search on the internet for answers can arrive at the correct answer.  This usually comes when an rep for a company clarifies things that consumers speculate.  So company rep statements get extra scrutiny if they conflict with previous company rep statements.  If it's just ambiguous, I'll add questions to point out the ambiguity and try to get additional clarification.  If it's in direct conflict with previous statements, I'll also point that out to see why the answer has changed.  Nothing personal, this is just to get clarify of information out there my benefit of knowledge as well as anyone else there looking around on the internet for answers.   Hope you can look at my questions in this perspective and not think there is any agenda beyond that.  The questions may come in bursts since I research a lot of different things and in my reading I start forming these conflicts of information and you are the main optimum authority here who often had the statement which needs more clarification.

In this case, I was asking if you knew something I didn't (a new line of OP SiC coatings I never heard about it until you mentioned it), since I already know OP definitely had a ceramic coating out for over a year now.  If you said "OP is introducing their new line of ceramic coatings on 10-1", then I would have just said nothing and gone to look up information.  But since you said "OP  has not introduced ceramic coatings yet...", I had to ask if you maybe left out some important words in that statement  because I've been reading about OP ceramic coatings for a long time already.  I didn't know of a new line of OP coatings was coming out otherwise I would have added my own clarifying statement.

This is a statement Dann Williams posted here over a year ago, I'm just putting this here as evidence I had seen that contradicted your statement which made me post the clarifying question  : Owners Pride ceramic? : AutoDetailing (reddit.com)  In it he states the release of their ceramic coating in feb of 2020.

If you want to be the Forum Police and verify every statement for absolute correctness, I guess that's your right.  It comes across, to me, as questioning many of the things I say, and several times.  I may not not be as detailed as you (see the length of your response above), but I think my answers are correct and when there's confusion, I take the time to follow up.  This business is not one of absolutes and as we get new information I try to update what's on this forum.  That will sometimes lead to discrepancies/corrections.

I suspect OP's ceramics were not pro quality or warrantied and now they have a line that is...but I don't know and am not going to research it.  If you're interest, feel free to contact OP. 

You say you research, but I've stated numerous times that Hyper Seal is formulated for durability on ceramic coatings and you questioned whether it will last on Opti-Coat Pro or be shed.  There have been other questions you've asked that were answered numerous times, but you still question the responses.

This Forum is not my life's work, but I take it seriously and do my best to respond.  When you question me 4 times in 1 day, it makes me wonder if you do have an agenda?

If you want to be the Forum Police and verify every statement for absolute correctness, I guess that's your right.  It comes across, to me, as questioning many of the things I say, and several times.  ...

This Forum is not my life's work, but I take it seriously and do my best to respond.  When you question me 4 times in 1 day, it makes me wonder if you do have an agenda?

I'll try to phrase things in a better way maybe to help with the perception, I'm not trying to stir anything up with you.  I may just be too straightforward in asking things and am especially detailed oriented in qualifying people's statements, my bad in my personality quirk if it rubbed you the wrong way.  I really appreciate that you take the time to respond in these forums as you are pretty much the only optimum rep in here it seems.  Sorry if my many questions in a short time frame makes you feel like I'm doing any sort of attack on you, my questions alone probably account for the majority of the activities in these forums since it's a relatively quiet place and maybe that is leading to this feeling.  Hopefully with time you'll feel I'm only trying to find understanding of products in high levels of detail and have no other agenda beyond that.

Kudos to you answering questions in here even though it's not your job requirement.  That's why I do ask questions in here rather than other forums where answers only come from people who speculate from their experience but are not close enough to the source to know things for sure.  Glad you are part of this forum and helping answer many of the questions people have. :beerchug[1]:

By the way, I do want to point out after I read an answer for a question that might be ambiguous in nature but is something I actually want to know the answer to, I do search as best I can for other sources qualifying that answer to try to understand what other details I may not know about behind that answer, so that I don't have to bother pointing out a need to clarify.  It's only when I ran out of material I could find that could let me get that detail, that I may add my own question in to try and gain clarity.  Sometimes my searches may fail due to the wrong term, or too many results to parse through effectively.  So I apologize if sometimes you feel I didn't read a statement that might exist somewhere in this forum or on the internet already.  I don't know everything that might have been stated by an optimum rep, but I do try to do my due diligence and avoid asking a question that already has a clear answer.