Fiberglass restorer or ?

BEBO

I have a badly oxidized dark blue fiberglass travel trailer.  Is Fiberglass restorer the best product you make for me to use ?  Do I need to do any kind of polishing or compounding to even out the very blotchy color before cleaning degreasing and applying Fiberglass restorer.  What is the expected coverage?

Gel Coat Restorer would be your best option.  You need to remove all oxidation using concentrated Power Clean and a scuff pad.  Polishing doesn't work well because gel coat is porous and you only remove the surface oxidation, that's why a chemical agent like Power Clean is necessary.  After Power Clean, dry thoroughly and apply Gel Coat Restorer - usually 4-5 coats are required.  The 32 oz bottle is enough GCR to apply 4 coats to a 40' RV.  If you wax your trailer every 6 months you can get 2-3 years durability from GCR.

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Gel Coat Restorer would be your best option.  You need to remove all oxidation using concentrated Power Clean and a scuff pad.  Polishing doesn't work well because gel coat is porous and you only remove the surface oxidation, that's why a chemical agent like Power Clean is necessary.  After Power Clean, dry thoroughly and apply Gel Coat Restorer - usually 4-5 coats are required.  The 32 oz bottle is enough GCR to apply 4 coats to a 40' RV.  If you wax your trailer every 6 months you can get 2-3 years durability from GCR.

So what type of wax would you recommend?  I am presently trying to decide between waxing over the Gel Coat restorer or just applying a Ceramic coating after I have used the Power Clean.

not clear on what your plan is - applying a ceramic coating over gel coat without using GCR?  Ceramic will protect gel coat but not restore it.  I would recommend applying Hyper Seal after GCR - it has ceramic coating properties and is much more durable than wax or seal.  If you don't go that way, I'd suggest Opti-Seal as more durable than wax.