Polysilazane coating

Greetings, new member here from Malaysia. I want to ask couple of questions:

1. I want to ask Dr G about his opinion on polysilazane coating properties, which I heard first time from Brian's Apex Detail latest product line. Is it any good, and is Dr G also researching about it?

2. Regarding Hyper Seal (updated 2022 version), I found that it leaves tacky feeling on paintwork. Is it one of the characteristics or should I reduce the application amount?

I'm looking forward for Ultra Ceramic Seal to use as topper if it does provide very smooth finish to the paintwork

Greetings,  Polysilazane resins have been around for over 20 years and we have tested them thoroughly against our SiC based resins and although they offer good protection, SiC resins that we use in our coatings offer better protection and greater longevity.  

As for Hyper Seal, the 2022 version has some SiC resin in it that requires about 30 minutes to fully cure, therefore you do not want to touch the surface during the curing process since it is tacky as you  mentioned. Once it cures, it leaves a g slick and glossy finish with greater protection than any other sealants. 

Ultra Ceramic Seal (UCS) works great as a topper for Hyper Seal or any other wax or sealant and provides great gloss, slickness, and hydrophobicity.   

Thanks for the information Dr. G!

I also read some information from article:  What's the best ceramic coating | Sio2 vs SiC vs Graphene | Pro and Con (siramicdetail.com)
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

- SiO2 coating is widely used because it typically provide a slicker surface and deeper/richer color than other coatings. It also creates protective layer to clear coat

- SiC resins (as used in Opti-Coat products) gives more reflection & harder. When applied the resin will interact with clear coat, essentially makes the clear coat harder.

It may also explains why we can apply hyper seal on top of ceramic car wax or vice versa (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm really gotten ahead of myself here 😅)

- Graphene coatings: It is originally advertised to be more resistant towards water-spotting. In order to be effective (not sure effective in which part) active ingredients should be around 30%; currently it is still 1%

- Self-healing coating: essentially self-leveling coating. It is softer than other coatings due to its more viscous properties. During self-leveling due to scratch, coating essentially become thinner.

I am not sure where polysilazane resin belongs to (there's no silicone word in it), maybe just another component in a coating?

think everything you've stated is accurate and has been mentioned on this Forum.  Optimum uses SiC because it's harder, more durable, and has better chemical resistance.  Si02 coatings have more gloss and slickness, easy to compare.  For some ceramics, Optimum has created hybrids (Gloss-Coat and Hyper Seal) to find some middle ground with popular coatings.  Toppers like Wax, Hyper Seal, Opti-Seal all have recently added ceramic components to improve quality and increase compatibility with coatings.  Dr G has pointed out that graphene is not a true coating because as you say, it's concentration level is so low...mainly a marketing gimmick.