OPT Demo Videos

EdT

I think it would be a great idea if OPT can come up with some demo videos on YouTube using some of the cutting edge products that we all here have grown acustom to. This would help with exposure of the OPT product line.

Maybe some videos starring Kevin or Anthony would be great ? ...LoL

A example on how the competition is doing it: http://www.youtube.com/user/meguiarsasia

I think it would be a great idea if OPT can come up with some demo videos on YouTube using some of the cutting edge products that we all here have grown acustom to. This would help with exposure of the OPT product line.

A example on how the competition is doing it: http://www.youtube.com/user/meguiarsasia

In my opinion, the fault with some product suppliers and sellers including Meguiars, is that they do not provide enough information in a single place to learn how to use their products without having to navigate numerous threads to locate them. Why do you think you keep seeing the same postings everytime (product xyz is not working for me). They have numerous stickies on various topics. I work for a company and we deal with this using what we call white papers which are technical application guides to get people going efficiently to offload the support structure for basic questions. You cannot put all the info in the marketing literature or on the product label.

For Optimum, for every gripe I see here about Optimum has no cut on a PC(I am just using this an example), you would think that the learnings of Bence, Integrity Detail, etc would be consolidated into a simple list of success factors to get the best results especially by DA, Many good tips are buried in threads that no search facility will find. Dave K. published a book on using a DA or rotary that is probably the single best effort to get the who process (more about decisions, approach, etc) into one place. There is never enough space on the bottle to put enough information to cover all conditions.

What you are seeing is a lot of newbies (mostly weekend types wanting to do personal cars) getting into detailing in a big way. They have a lot of money to spend on a PC and products. They do not have time to try something on 20 cars to finally get the hang of it. They are starting with almost no knowledge but obviously want good results quickly so this is why the product hype gets emphasized more over the process. The company that learns how to get the information out to get the best results is likely to have more satisfied customers than some that try products and then toss them thinking they are bad but it was just technique.

I think Optimum is a good product for people just getting started (inexpensive compared to many polishes, varying cut by pad, long work time by working until it the task is done, not finicky about paints/heat, does not dust) so there is a marketing opportunities here.

The product seller that provides the better support (even if selling mediocre stuff, again not targeted at Optimum) can actually get the real business results. This is why you see people like Adam's etc doing well. He just has a lot more competition these days.

Just my devalued 2 cents.

Thank you for bringing this up and in fact one of the major reasons this forum was started by Anthony was for him and many others who have experience with the OPT products to share their knowledge with us. If you visit the Tutorial section you will find several demo videos that Anthony and Ron have posted on Google video and YouTube that covers polishing, wet sanding, etc. as well as a few others who have taken their time to share their experiences.

There are many others also who have made demo videos of No Rinse, Opti-Seal, etc. and have posted them in other sections of this and other forums. We do need to consolidate these into the Tutorial section to make them more accessible. It would also be greatly appreciated if you and many others here share your results in video format so that we can all benefit from it. Thanks again.

David,

Umm...That's why this is called OPTIMUMFORUMS.ORG! :beerchug[1]:

Archived