new optimum polish

Just to let you know that I have tried the new polish that Dr. G has developed for a car manufaterer for the end of the production line. This stuff is wonderful (like any optimum product you will say). More aggressive than regular optimum polish, nad a little goes a very very long way(less than 1 oz to polish an HHR).

If anyone else has tried this give us your opinion.

I and Ron have been using the beta samples for a good while now and we pretty much zeroed it in on the polish that has now been released.

It's very thick and it still works a long time but cuts faster and better than the old polish. Very little dusting as long as you continue to work the product and not take a break for an hour or so then come back without rinsing your pad. It will dust if not rinsed out.

Anthony

Not sure if it is ANOTHER new polish that is not on the webpage or online store but I got a sample of the Optimum Polish that is on the online store and I love the stuff. I used to use 3M religiously and that was it but for mobile detailing it was dusting way too much and did not work in the heat and sun at all. 3M is great for the body shop but not mobile detailing. Now I will only use Optimum polish, compound and sealant. If what I used is not the stuff you are talking about Yvan, how can I get my hands on some to try out? I was going to place a big order next week and order all this stuff by the gallons but I may wait and try the new stuff comming out before doing so.

Shawn You will have to contact Dr. G himself to get info about the release date of the product. That said I would go ahead and purchace the current polish. The new product is good, and a little different, but the existing product is also great. You can't go wrong with any Optimum product !

Ok sounds good to me, thanks Yvan. I notice there are some products mentioned on these forums that are not on the webiste so when I see them mentioned here and they are not on the site I guess they aren't being sold to the public yet? What about Power Clean?

Used one of the 3 versions in Kevin's class. Seemed to be a great product with my limited use. Definitely seemed a notch above the current Opt Polish.

• 1 month later...
so what's difference between old n new opt polish guys?

The main difference is there is now more cutting power and it cuts faster than the old formula. It still has a long working time but not as long as the original formula BUT because it cuts faster that longer working time is not needed. The new formula will also dust a bit more the the original formula but again as long as you do not try and work the new formula too long it shouldn't be an issue.

Anthony

Shawn

Small personal question, what's up with the Prelude, it just does not fit with the rest of the list?

Also the new polish works very well with a random orbital snader and an Orange CCS for a quick shine enhancement, when the customer does not need or wish a full paint correction.

I know, I had an 85 Chevy C10 and when gas went up I was paying $100 a week and had to get something better on gas. Never thought I'd own an import or ricer. I love the car now, they are great on gas and reliable.

Archived