Hi there

Pat

I am new to this forum, before last week I used almost all Meguiar's. I am playing with OP and I really like it! I think I will do a comparison between OP and Mothers Power Polish this week. I have heard a lot of claims that OP "literally" stay wet all day. :DI shall see if it hold up to its reputation.

Hello and welcome Pat,

Very interested in your opinions and results in your testing. As you know Meguiars is a nice company with a broad product range, perhaps too broad as it can be confusing for a lot of people to know which product to use at what time so in your testing keep in mind that Optimum has only one major polish and one major compound and we believe that the majority of all paint correction work can be accomplished within that 2 product range.

Please share with us your results, even if it's not a glowing one for Optimum.

Anthony

Hello and welcome Pat,

Very interested in your opinions and results in your testing. As you know Meguiars is a nice company with a broad product range, perhaps too broad as it can be confusing for a lot of people to know which product to use at what time so in your testing keep in mind that Optimum has only one major polish and one major compound and we believe that the majority of all paint correction work can be accomplished within that 2 product range.

Please share with us your results, even if it's not a glowing one for Optimum.

Anthony

I did a test another test spot today. OP, MPP, #83 all seemed to remove the swirls. They were all used on a yellow 6" cutting pad. #83 seemed to get rid of the swirls faster, but it dusted a bit. OP and MPP took a bit longer to break down, but they both seemed to do a great job. The OP side looked slightly more "wet" if you will, than both the #83 and the MPP. I am not quite sure what the recommended temperature for OP is, but it was a tad on the cold side. Calgary's weather sucks :( ! Overall I was quite impressed with the results of OP, but only further testing will show which one comes out on top. I have a feeling that I was using too much polish, and that was causing the polish to break down slower.

One thing I really hate is the bottle. It seems to fall over quite a bit. :beerchug[1]:

Pat....With the Optimum polishes if you do use too much they will take a lot longer to break down.

Ahh that just confirmed my suspicion. I just feel like the pad is very dry on the first few passes so i feel the need to add a ring of polish around the perimeter of the pad. I just think that QD would be more harmful that it would be beneficial. I guess i could so that thing where i add polish and rub he pad around the finish. :beerchug[1]: this Saturday I will be doing the Explorer with Mother's and OP. From my initial test spots OP looked the best, and it costs 2X less than mothers ( I live in Canada). OP costs me about 25ish after everything, and mothers cost about 24ish, but the OP is 32oz, versus Mother's 16oz.

I guess we shall see whether it is my bias against Mothers, or if OP really gives a "wetter" shine.

Ahh that just confirmed my suspicion. I just feel like the pad is very dry on the first few passes so i feel the need to add a ring of polish around the perimeter of the pad. I just think that QD would be more harmful that it would be beneficial. I guess i could so that thing where i add polish and rub he pad around the finish. :( this Saturday I will be doing the Explorer with Mother's and OP. From my initial test spots OP looked the best, and it costs 2X less than mothers ( I live in Canada). OP costs me about 25ish after everything, and mothers cost about 24ish, but the OP is 32oz, versus Mother's 16oz.

I guess we shall see whether it is my bias against Mothers, or if OP really gives a "wetter" shine.

Congrats and welcome as a new member here :beerchug[1]: ...... keep us updated as how the comparison went for you.

Ahh that just confirmed my suspicion. I just feel like the pad is very dry on the first few passes so i feel the need to add a ring of polish around the perimeter of the pad. I just think that QD would be more harmful that it would be beneficial. I guess i could so that thing where i add polish and rub he pad around the finish. :tv_happy[1]: this Saturday I will be doing the Explorer with Mother's and OP. From my initial test spots OP looked the best, and it costs 2X less than mothers ( I live in Canada). OP costs me about 25ish after everything, and mothers cost about 24ish, but the OP is 32oz, versus Mother's 16oz.

Congrats and welcome as a new member here :beerchug[1]: ...... keep us updated as how the comparison went for you.

:( you guys won't get a review for a while as it snowed!!!

• 3 weeks later...
welcome Pat, hopefully your results with OP are better than anticipated and you can enjoy the forums here with all it has to offer!!

I'd have to agree with the confusion in deciding which product is "best" for a particle application.... (great marketing angle), however producing a product based on quality results is what sold me. I took a chance and have not regretted it. As per my conversation with David, I've tried too many products to even begin to count and am sold on Optimum.

George

Archived