Which washing media is better for ONR?

Seems there are lots of good choices. Many people use the home despot grout sponges to good effect. I know one pro who uses the microfiber sponges that you're using (or similar). I personally use a microfiber pad/mitt thing I got from Griot's garage a few years ago. Oh, and I guess since I'm on the OPT forum I should mention their purpose built mitt for ONR ;)

Recommend try some things and see what you like.

• 2 years later...

In our shops we use foam, and it releases so well that a second bucket is not needed. In fact if you are using a 2 bucket method you should be using ONR solution in both. By rinsing your wash media in a bucket of just water, you are introducing water into your wash bucket, further diluting teh ONR solution with every cycle. In my shops we use a 2 bucket method, one bucket on each side of the car.

It makes sense what I am saying though, right? Since it releases so well, wouldn't it dirty up the water very quickly if you don't use a rinse bucket? Or will anything harmful hopefully settle to the bottom quick enough to not get reintroduced the cleaning medium.

One of ONR's great attibutes is that it's a very powerful water softener, and all dirt that could cause an issue will be released to the bottom of your bucket. The 2 bucket method is good with soap, as the soap floats the dirt, therfore always putting it in contact with the wash media. With ONR the dirt goes to the bottom quickly and stays there, not coming in contact with the wash media again. There is no harm in using a 2 bucket method, just make sure both buckets contain ONR so that you are not altering the dilution ratio. BTW adding a higher concentration of ONR is not better than over diluting it, follw the reccomended 1/2oz per gallon.

BTW adding a higher concentration of ONR is not better than over diluting it, follw the reccomended 1/2oz per gallon.

Yvan--does this hold true with very hard water?? I have very hard water and have always used 1 oz per gallon dilution--does this help or am I wasting ONR??

Archived