'31 Buick Optimised

This thread is not going to be picture laden with before and after process shots, sorry. Please excuse what photos I am sharing as they were taken with my iphone. However, it is about a great weekend I spent with my Father! A weekend which began and ended with the use of Optimum products.

First, a little background. The vehicle is a 1931 Model 50 Buick - body by Fisher. It was fully restored approx. 10 years ago from pieces and parts and has been a summer driver / local car show attendee ever since. In the past, Dad would prep his vehicle of choice for a show, attend the event and later tell me about his experience. Nowadays, he needs a little assistance in getting around.

My Father had been looking forward to the 1st show of the 2011 season for most of the winter, but realized the Buick was in need of some mechanical maintenance and a cleaning if he were to attend. Here is where I fit into this story. I made the trip back to my hometown Saturday morning with some Optimum products in the trunk.

After getting the mechanical items addressed it was time to OPTIMISE!

I had Poli-Sealed, applied Opti Seal and OCW prior to the last show of the year in the fall. So, I felt confident an Opti Clean wash and a little OID would be sufficient this go around especially since the weather forecast was calling for rain. Some Opti Bond for the tires, Protectant Plus for the roof insert and Metal Polish for the bumpers and the Buick was show ready.

The drive Sunday morning was a little wet, :rain[1]: so another quick cleaning was in order after we registered. Needless to say, it was very humorous watching other cars being dried with bath towels and wiped down with Windex! :yikes[1]:

Dad with his "gangsta" mobile

IPhone401.jpg

IPhone402.jpg

IPhone405.jpg

IPhone407.jpg

The 2 awards he received

IPhone414.jpg

Since he plans on going to another show this weekend, I gave it another wipe down with OID after we got home.

I must admit, at 1st I felt as though I had a million things I should doing at my house and in the shop rather than going back down home for the entire weekend. Now, I understand it was time spent I would have kicked myself if I had missed!!! Sometimes MY priorities aren't as important as I think.

Thanks for looking! :beerchug[1]:

Thanks guys for the comments!

Cool story, thanks for sharing, id love to see pics if u ever get time :)

For some reason the pix and the rest of the post aren't showing up on my iPhone with Tap a Talk either. Had to view forum thru Safari. ???

Thanks guys for the comments!

For some reason the pix and the rest of the post aren't showing up on my iPhone with Tap a Talk either. Had to view forum thru Safari. ???

Ahh kk I'll have to check it out on the computer when I make my voyage to a major city :)

Archived