Switched over to ONR for good....

CHALM

As the title says, I've decided to use ONR as my main way to wash my personal vehicles. I'm especially excited come winter time. I'm taking a survey of how most of you clean the wheels, barrels, and tires with this method. During the summer, I can use the traditional hose and cleaner method, but in the winter months all I have access to is heat in my garage. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Nate

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I rarely do a "traditional wash" on wheels & tires, even if I have hose access. 95% of the time for me it's ONR, Power Clean 3:1, & a variety of brushes for the job. I run a detail business part time so I'm doing much more than just personal vehicles, just to give you a better idea of how many vehicles I work on.

Thanks guys...I was thinking of the clean with Power Clean, and rinse with ONR method. I've seen something similar on some Chemical Guys videos. I did see an AMMO video that showed a three bucket method. The third bucket is wheel soap and various brushes.

Welcome to the ONR club. Try adding an ounce of OCW.

For tires I have a dedicated mitt for tires/rims. I use 3:1 OPC, scrub, rinse with the ONR solution, dry with a dedicated MF towel.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a 1 gallon chemical sprayer with 1 ounce of ONR to blast off the body and wheels. Then I ONR the body followed by the lower plastic trim, wheels, tires and finally the wheel wells. I just Opti-Guarded my car and the dirt just slides off of the wheels with little to no effort.

I use a 1 gallon chemical sprayer with 1 ounce of ONR to blast off the body and wheels. Then I ONR the body followed by the lower plastic trim, wheels, tires and finally the wheel wells. I just Opti-Guarded my car and the dirt just slides off of the wheels with little to no effort.

I just bought the 1 gallon Hudson sprayer. Going to try that this weekend.

Nice! I spray down the entire car quickly and then mist each panel lightly before washing it. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then I go at it. This is for a really dirty car or mine in the winter. I've never ever had any issues. Stuff is great! I really want to try v3 but I just ordered towels so I'll have to wait till next time.

Couldn't wait for the weekend. Did a car last night with great success. Even did the spray wax on my drying towel to save a step, and reduce the chance of marring. You using Optimum Towels? I spoke with Chris on the phone and he said that's all he uses. I have a supplier that I buy wholesale, but want to explore towels that I can count on. I also would like to go all Optimum with my towels too.

Couldn't wait for the weekend. Did a car last night with great success. Even did the spray wax on my drying towel to save a step, and reduce the chance of marring. You using Optimum Towels? I spoke with Chris on the phone and he said that's all he uses. I have a supplier that I buy wholesale, but want to explore towels that I can count on. I also would like to go all Optimum with my towels too.

Chalm, the window towels are simple the best, the new drying towel is really well made but I've only had it a couple months so I can't comment on long term durability but so far so good, although they are pricy. But that seems to be the trend with quality mf towels. Not sure if the multi purpose mf's are different now.

Archived