UPDATE 2009 highlander

Well i finished off all the paint today...but i had twice as much work as i expected. i found out that when wiping the polishing oils away with a cobra MF (grey and pink), that i scratched the entire surface again, and had to go back once again for a full polish. this time i tried a damp MF, and found that it worked better, but for the life of me, this freaking pain still scratched a bit...I have no idea what i did wrong, but I dont rmmeber this trouble the last time i detailed this car, but it was with DAT products...I dont think that is the difference, but at this point, im freaking lost...

anyhow, here are the remainder of the pics...thanks for looking.

these are after polish, but prior to OC...IMO the shine is amazing, but i wish I could have gotten a deeper more reflective/mirror like depth to the paint. Again, im not sure if this was because of the polish II or if I really shoulda hit it with some compound...but i miss the clarity in the reflection on this paint...

003_zpsdfd537b1.jpg

008_zpsf5cb2d3b.jpg

here are some after the OC was applied..I did not do any of the tires/wheels/undercarraige beacuasei did not want to take any chance of contaminating the paint...Ill address all the other stuff in a couple of weeks...

021_zps974907f4.jpg

022_zpsa547b4f1.jpg

023_zps3c7fd85d.jpg

024_zps391c01f4.jpg

025_zps05b572d5.jpg

026_zpsc2e5793a.jpg

Looks great Mr. Spaghetti :D Like Perfections recommended, I also keep a gallon of onr to the side and just wring out a mf towel in that solution for soft clears. I'm wondering if your towels fibers have just gotten a little hard. That happens after a while of using them and washing.

thanks beetlevw72..you know the towels were brand new (washed before use in tide free) just to make sure i would have NO issues...but i think i will get some ONR tomorrow...

i asked earlier inan old thread, but could i use the ONR at QD dilution to remove the oils, then OC over the ONR???

perfect thanks..i just wasnt too sure. i don't want to have any watermarks after and wasnt sure if id have to dry it...know what i mean? i dont want to have the same problems with the MF marring the paint in the drying process as is did for me when i removed the polishing oils.

I think you'd be better off wringing out a mf in ONR then. What little bit that is left on the paint will disappear in a matter of minutes. I did this for my car and the OC applied just fine.

great thanks for the tip..this is what im going to try...picked up my ONR last night and hope to get a start to the truck on saturday.

Great work! Love the Stooges picture, too.

thanks...i didnt even think you could notice that in those pics!!

Looks fantastic! If your compounding with Optimum products ONR will remove the oils before OC installation, I do it all the time. But some clears are softer than others and they still mar when wiped! Also make sure your inside or under some cover with cool paint. OC will greatly reduce that marring now. If your still marring, get new towels.

Archived