How do you ONR?

Greetings again!

Just wanted to find out how everyone uses ONR. If there's a certain tip, trick or technique that will make it easier and faster, I'd like to incorporate that. Here's how I use it.

1. Pre-soak using spray bottle of ONR diluted to QD strength.

2. Wash area with 'Big Blue' sponge. Rinse well. Soak in solution again and re-wipe.

3. Dry using WWMF. Follow-up with a second MF to thoroughly dry.

4. Repeat.

5. *Experimental. Following the washing of each panel, beginning with roof, I would rinse off solution with water and then dry. This method took a little longer, and used up more MF's, but results were still good.

6. LSP of choice.

Happy Detailing, everyone!

:D

This is a link to a video of Garry Dean and a rinseless wash method that I think you will find very interesting. Now Garry uses his own product but this method works with ONR as well. If this isn't allowed on the forum then I apoligize and hope the mods see there was no ill intent and remove it. For a mobil detailer or anyone doing multiple cars of their own it works great..

http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/141866-garry-dean-wash-method-finally.html

1. Presoak panel with onr @ qd str

2. Usually use super deep pile mf towels so I have 8 clean sides to work with per towel. 2-3 towels per car, wiping one panel at a time.

3. Dry with wwmf then follow up with a quality mf towel to finish it off, sometimes I spray Ocw with my finishing pass other times I dry completely then apply Ocw

This is a link to a video of Garry Dean and a rinseless wash method that I think you will find very interesting. Now Garry uses his own product but this method works with ONR as well. If this isn't allowed on the forum then I apoligize and hope the mods see there was no ill intent and remove it. For a mobil detailer or anyone doing multiple cars of their own it works great..

http://www.autopia.o...od-finally.html

Interesting, not seen that video before. One of the reasons why I like using OCW after washing is the paint does not get to see a dry towel, all the contacts have some kind of lubrication which (hopefully) should minimise any marring

http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/141866-garry-dean-wash-method-finally.html

Paul, I've checked out the video a while back when he first released it. Pretty interesting concept and I like everything except the sams mf towels, after a few washes they don't seem to release the dirt 100% and start leaving micro marring, but I've only tested those towels a couple weeks on paint and gave up. I've invested in some other towels that have worked great for about a year now but once they go out here soon I'll be retesting towels for another major purchase.

Archived