ONR and Bug Guts

CHALM

So, as winter approaches I'm starting on a ton of ONR based washes. However, most of my customers have saved bugs on the front of their cars for me...bugs that are weeks and even months old. Durring the summer months, when doing an Optimum Car Wash (standard washing with a bucket, hose, and soap) I use my trusty scrubber if needed. I'm asking you folks if the same rule can apply with ONR (scrubber), or if you have a better alternative? Thanks in adavance for the responses.

Nate

Save the front bumper for the very last thing, spray front end with power clean 1:1, let dwell 30 seconds and the proceed to onr the front end. I use mf towels with onr, bye bye bugs. The main thing for bug removal is rehydrating the bugs for easy removal. Like Chris mentioned a towel sitting on there for around 5-10 minutes works also.

Thanks John....if only owners shot their cars down with water at the pay wash after every trip on the interstate.

Sell your customers opti clean in a spray bottle and a mf towel in a ziplock bag. Tell them to spray on, let dwell 45 seconds and wipe them off. It makes you seem like you really wanna protect their car, along with builds relationships and makes your job easier. A quick demo of how to use the product and almost everyone you know will buy it :)

I too believe in building the relationship.

For some customers, I'll build them a mini ONR kit. I buy some small bottles from the Container Store and give them like 12oz of ONR, wash bucket, MF towels, instructions, etc. Some also will ask for "tire stuff" so I'll give them some Opti Bond and maybe some 5:1 OPC for cleaning, etc. Depends on how serious they are.

Thanks John....if only owners shot their cars down with water at the pay wash after every trip on the interstate. :)

Amen to that, Chalm! My wife and I recently did a road trip to Abilene, TX and back, and her car was COVERED with squashed bugs! After getting home, I immediately gave her car a wash and wax session. Came out gleaming after that. Did the pre-soak with some MF towels on the more stubborn remains. Could not get them completely out with that method, so I spot treated with some Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser. No more bug stains.

Ain't modern science a kick in the head?

:P

I too believe in building the relationship.

For some customers, I'll build them a mini ONR kit. I buy some small bottles from the Container Store and give them like 12oz of ONR, wash bucket, MF towels, instructions, etc. Some also will ask for "tire stuff" so I'll give them some Opti Bond and maybe some 5:1 OPC for cleaning, etc. Depends on how serious they are.

That's a very cool idea, Todd. The more serious types will get an idea of what it's like to do their own detailing. Once they find out how fun it is, they'll be hooked for life. And for the others with busy schedules, they'll start referring their family and friends. And they'll refer their family and friends. Soon your list of clients will begin to grow.

The big retail chains may offer more selection and better pricing, but it's the small business owners who can teach them a thing or two about customer service. And THAT'S what counts in my book!

Rock on, dude!

:thumbsupup[1]:

Archived