The new iPhone, anyone getting it?

Anthony Orosco

I'll wait until competitors drive the price down to around $100, and all the bugs are worked out, or they come up with version 2.0 or something.

For electronics, I always wait and see what happens. I learned my lesson when I spent some $160 on my first CD player in 1991. Also, that attitude saved me from wasting money on a movie disc player or whatever those devices were called that played the giant 12" dia. DVDs before DVDs came out.

the Iphone looks very impressive...I will also wait and see, but I wouldn't mind messing around with one to check out all the features, looks AWESOME!! Also, Microsoft is working on a similar concept to be released sometime in the near future....

iPhone looks incredible. Apple has a penchant for engineering and design and quality. HOWEVER......I have heard from those who have gotten test models for review.....the internet experience is slow due to the ATT support. This has to be worked on and gotten up to speed. I do not know if the technology is there to improve upon it. Most that I know who have internet capability on their phone state it runs slow.....This would drive me crazy.....Awesome instrument....but maybe ahead of it's time technologically in terms of being supported.

Well it seems as though the new iPhone has had a rocky start as a recent informal poll states that almost 50% of iPhone buyers are still not yet activated. There seems to be a lot of activation issues with AT&T.

Also, from what I grasp, you can't just walk out the store and start working your phone but you have to connect through iTunes to have the phone turned on. Many Window users are also having problems running 64 bit.

I think it's too much gadget stuff packed into one little phone and it's causing a ton of glitches on the peripheral side of things. I've read where it won't sync with large company Email servers which will cause a huge problem for the 9 to 5 people.

$600 for a high tech paper weight......I'm all over that!

http://www.thecellfreak.com/list-of-iphone...-and-drawbacks/

Well it seems as though the new iPhone has had a rocky start as a recent informal poll states that almost 50% of iPhone buyers are still not yet activated. There seems to be a lot of activation issues with AT&T.

Also, from what I grasp, you can't just walk out the store and start working your phone but you have to connect through iTunes to have the phone turned on. Many Window users are also having problems running 64 bit.

I think it's too much gadget stuff packed into one little phone and it's causing a ton of glitches on the peripheral side of things. I've read where it won't sync with large company Email servers which will cause a huge problem for the 9 to 5 people.

$600 for a high tech paper weight......I'm all over that!

http://www.thecellfreak.com/list-of-iphone...-and-drawbacks/

Hence, the reason I always wait for new technologies to be fully developed before I spend any of my hard-earned money!

With a rebate my new Samsung phone cost me $1 and does everything I want a cell phone to do. Spending another $599 is pointless to me to get features I am not really interested in.

Archived