Custom ONR Bucket

I make and sell these buckets for my customers, and they are easy to do, replace the need for a grit guard, and elevate the bucket a bit, so easier on the back. I used 3.5 gallon buckets here, but if your washing a lot of cars, 5 gallon buckets are more appropriate.

This is what you need to do the job. 2 buckets, a 1/2 inch drill bit, a 1/4 inch drill bit, a drill, 2 trim push pins.

photo555.jpg

First step is to remove the bail handle from the bottom bucket, some will rip out, or need to be cut.

photo556.jpg

Next on the top bucket, drill about 12-20 1/2 inch holes in the bottom.

photo557.jpg

(Yes I missed a hole in the pattern)

Insert the top bucket in the bottom bucket, and just under the lip of the bottom bucket drill a 1/4 inch hole through both buckets.

photo560.jpg

Insert a push pin in the hole, and repeat on the other side.

photo559.jpg

The push pin determines the water level. The Push pins will leak if you over fill, so fill with water first, and once you have your level add your ONR. If you are mobile or don't wash often you can add a Gamma seal lid to Keep your ONR solution fresh and ready to go between washings. If your using ONR everyday, then a set of wheels under the bucket is a great option as well.

photo561.jpg

photo562.jpg

We use the ONR solution until you can't wring out the wash media anymore. The bottom has the same functionality as a grit guard.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nstea

Yvan, I'm have trouble understanding what the push pin is?

Does it have a hole in it? What exact function does it have?

I read your explanation of it a few times but I can't seem to wrap my brain around its function.

Thanks, Nick

• 4 years later...
On 4/15/2015 at 12:04 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

That's to hold the two buckets together. I guess I don't understand why you'd do this instead of just using a grit guard.

Yeah same, has more "holes" as well for dirt to go trough, in comparision with the contraption above.

Wonder what he means with: "We use the ONR solution until you can't wring out the wash media anymore".