Product Suggestions

Dusty0925

Good evening!

I just had my black 2017 Tahoe coated with Opti Coat Pro Plus a few days ago. I’m wondering what products I should buy (Opti Coat products or not) to maintain/cleaning the exterior Pro Plus coating as well as any accessories to apply the products that are suggested. 

Due to the car being black, I want to keep the swirls to a bare minimum.  

Also...any thoughts on using Adams Polishes products on the exterior coated with OCPP?

Thanks and look forward to your suggestions!

Welcome to all things Optimum and congratulations on investing in the best Coating available!  The Opti-Coat line of products was formulated for Coated cars, but Optimum products work well too.  For normal maintenance we recommend Opti-Coat No Rinse (or M-Wash for traditional cleaning with hose).  You don't need to "top" OCP+ but if you choose to, Hyper Seal is an excellent sealant, provides a sacrificial barrier to swirls,  and is incredibly easy to use.  Other manufacturers products will work, but do not use polish (or cleaner waxes) on Opti-Coat Pro+.   Abrasives will remove the Coating and should not be necessary.  Using good quality cleaners, sponges, and towels should keep swirls to a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

I think OPT have a plush MF towel, the Rag Company have a few such as their Eagle Edgeless and Minx towels.  Have a look at their site or maybe just phone them. 

As for applying the sealant, I have found most towels are able to do a good job.  The foam pad is probably the best way of applying the sealant.  I am sure the Rag Company have suggested their Edgeless 365 in the past

Archived