G'day from Down Under

Ozzcaddy

G'day Guys, I am retired and reside in the inner suburbs of Sydney, Australia, and have begun following the Optimum forum since I had my new Hyundai Tucson coated with Opti-Coat Pro+ 12 months ago this month, by the Opti-Coat boys in my suburb. I have a good relationship with the Australian Distributor (ZAS) for Optimum products who is also in my area. Prior to the Hyundai, I had a 1999 Toyota Camry V6 Station wagon, which is where I began using Optimum products on. I found out about Optimum and its products from various YouTube videos that featured Yvan Lacroix. Could not believe someone could wash a car dressed in a suit and bow tie, but that is Yvan. 

As I live in the inner city area, my vehicle is parked on the street 24/7, so out in the weather elements along with fallout from heavy construction and trucks that is happening in the  area. Also, tree sap , bird and bat droppings (bats happening now as street trees have berries). The previous Toyota had clear coat failure on the roof and bonnet (hood), but side panels were still in good condition. These panels are what I concentrated on in gaining skills in properly washing a  car and detailing a car.  Because the car was outside, this was my main reason of having it coated with Opti-Coat Pro+, to help protect the paintwork, as this vehicle will most likely be my last one I purchase, so I need to care for my investment. I get to wash the car weekly, but sometimes it may go to 2-3 weeks, pending if I am able to park out the front of the house.

I do have a question with regards to chemical decontamination which I will post in the appropriate area.

That is a brief story about myself, where I live , what I drive,

On 3/21/2020 at 12:58 AM, Ozzcaddy said:

G'day Guys, I am retired and reside in the inner suburbs of Sydney, Australia, and have begun following the Optimum forum since I had my new Hyundai Tucson coated with Opti-Coat Pro+ 12 months ago this month, by the Opti-Coat boys in my suburb. I have a good relationship with the Australian Distributor (ZAS) for Optimum products who is also in my area. Prior to the Hyundai, I had a 1999 Toyota Camry V6 Station wagon, which is where I began using Optimum products on. I found out about Optimum and its products from various YouTube videos that featured Yvan Lacroix. Could not believe someone could wash a car dressed in a suit and bow tie, but that is Yvan. 

As I live in the inner city area, my vehicle is parked on the street 24/7, so out in the weather elements along with fallout from heavy construction and trucks that is happening in the  area. Also, tree sap , bird and bat droppings (bats happening now as street trees have berries). The previous Toyota had clear coat failure on the roof and bonnet (hood), but side panels were still in good condition. These panels are what I concentrated on in gaining skills in properly washing a  car and detailing a car.  Because the car was outside, this was my main reason of having it coated with Opti-Coat Pro+, to help protect the paintwork, as this vehicle will most likely be my last one I purchase, so I need to care for my investment. I get to wash the car weekly, but sometimes it may go to 2-3 weeks, pending if I am able to park out the front of the house.

I do have a question with regards to chemical decontamination which I will post in the appropriate area.

That is a brief story about myself, where I live , what I drive,

Welcome to the forum! Great to have read your story. Congrats with the Tucson and great choice to have it coated. Hopefully this will prevent etching of the droppings and give you an easier clean, as well as look awesome.