Applying Gloss-Coat on a white vehicle

AZSteve

I am getting ready to apply Gloss-Coat on an Oxford white F150 . my concern on a white vehicle is if I will be able to see it flash so I know when to wipe / spread it, or even being able to see any high spots? I previously applied it to my root beer colored truck and it was a breeze with the dark color. Any tips or suggestions as far as lighting conditions or how it works on a white vehicle?  Thank you 

I've never heard of issues applying Gloss-Coat to white paint.  Good lighting is always helpful and looking at an angle to catch the flash.  There's no problem applying a second coat if you think you've missed a spot.  Gloss-Coat makes white pop, have more vibrancy.

I applied it to my Alpine White BMW wagon without issue.  The key to see the flash (as stated by Ron) is good lighting and looking off angle of the panel.  If looking straight down  on the panel, it will be harder to see on lighter coloured vehicles.

I was able to coat my truck last Saturday and it went just fine. I had it sitting in my garage with the door open so that the light would hit it at an angle. After an hour I topped it off with Opti-Seal to help protect it while it cures this week. I did pull the truck into the sunny driveway on Sunday and found one smeared quarter-sized spot on the hood where the product wasn't evened out. It was so small and subtle I could only see it at one angle in the sunlight. I ended up using a bit of fine polishing compound to level that spot out and then just put Opti-Seal on it.  With the Opti-Seal on top, the finish is super slickery (LOL) and looks great. 

Oh and the 10 oz size was just enough for me to go over the truck twice in order to make sure that I covered everywhere. This is a 4 door Super Crew truck BTW. 

sounds like you did it just right - give it 48 hours and it'll look even better!  Lighter colors like white and silver may not have quite the mind blowing improvement of brighter paints (my red car blew up after Yvan coated it with OCP), but they pop and look better longer.  In busy parking lots, coated cars have a glow that sets them apart (even when dirty).

• 1 month later...