Can anyone describe the application process for Opti Coat Pro 3?

SpoonyLove

I bought a new car and found an Optimum dealer in my are who appears to do great work. I got a good feeling from him after a 20 min phone conversation about what i wanted for the new car.

However, i am completely ignorant of the proper Opticoat Pro 3 application process. Can anyone explain what the steps are? I just want to make sure the dealer is doing it according to the way it should be done and to educate myself at the same time.

Does it require multiple layers? How long does my car need to be at the shop? Which products should i be using after the coating (I am also getting the Optimum PPF installed).

Thanks!

Car prep is the same as all Opti-Coat ceramics - wash, clay, polish with Primer Polish, apply Pro3. 

Opti-Coat Pro3 is the ultimate in ceramic paint protection and gloss. It is the most advanced coating which provides protection and gloss and is four times the thickness of Opti-Coat Pro or Pro+. Opti-Coat Pro3 provides the most chemical resistance and environmental protection. Opti-Coat Pro3 enhances the durability of your vehicle’s paint by adding several layers of protection for the life of your car. Total of 4 coats, apply Hyper Seal to protect during 7 day cure time.  Car can be driven 1 hour after application.

Opti-Coat Pro3 provides a protective ceramic coating with superior resistance to swirling, chemical etching, and fading. Then, Opti-Coat Pro3 Top Coat is added to further increase the hardness and scratch resistance of the ceramic clear coat for the life of your vehicle’s paint.

Suggested regular maintenance is wash with Opti-Coat M-Wash (traditional hose wash) or rinseless with Opti-Coat No Rinse.  If topper is desired, Hyper Seal is the only product that will be durable on Pro3.   

Pro3 annual maintenance (by installer) - They do a decon wash with Power Clean to remove oily residue, MDR for water spots, and Ferrex with clay towel to remove iron and other bonded contaminants. They can add Hyper Seal afterwards.

thank you! that is similar to what he described. Makes me feel better. 

After i have the Pro 3 applied, which products should i be using for detailing at home?

Currently, i use ONR with 1 gallon of distilled water, followed by optiseal and then someones i'll add instant detailer & gloss enhancer on top of it. 

Are there Pro3 specific products i should be using? ie hyperseal instead of optiseal? 

I covered regular and annual maintenance above - for Pro3 you should use Opti-Coat (as opposed to Optimum) products where possible.  ONR, Opti-Seal, and Instant Detailer will work on ceramics, but the Opti-Coat is specifically formulated for superior performance on coatings.

Interesting...   Pro3 coated vehicle's driveable after 1 hour of application and applying Hyper-Seal? 

Does one need to avoid water / rain during the drive home from the OptiCoat Pro3 installer?

When my Pro+ was applied, my detailer kept my car in his shop for an entire night.