Recommendations on new car paint protection and trim.

Dave333

I just got a new car and want to protect it's finish and trim as much as I can. I traded in my old truck as it's clear coat had faded and started to flake of on roof and hood. The black trims had gone from black to light grey/white. I'm in south Texas and car is in direct sunlight pretty much all day unless I get lucky and get to park under a tree at work but then that leaves me with bird crap and other tree drippings. Temps in summer easily 100-115F.

Now that that I got this new start what products are recommended to keep interior plastics like dashboard and console rest looking new and protected?  Same as the outside black trims and especially the car's finish and clear coat.

my suggestions - ONR for exterior maintenance will also work to interior cleaning.  For greater cleaning and protection for interior surfaces (leather, vinyl, plastic, glass) Protectant Plus has additional UV protection and is hydrophobic.  Protectant Plus is also my favorite for exterior plastics.  You have options to protect your clear coat, from Spray Wax to Opti-Seal to Hyper Seal - all are easy spray and wipe products that also work as drying aids.  They each offer different looks, the main difference is durability, from a month+ up to 1 year.  Optimum offers many products for special needs, all the way to long term ceramic coatings.

4 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

my suggestions - ONR for exterior maintenance will also work to interior cleaning.  For greater cleaning and protection for interior surfaces (leather, vinyl, plastic, glass) Protectant Plus has additional UV protection and is hydrophobic.  Protectant Plus is also my favorite for exterior plastics.  You have options to protect your clear coat, from Spray Wax to Opti-Seal to Hyper Seal - all are easy spray and wipe products that also work as drying aids.  They each offer different looks, the main difference is durability, from a month+ up to 1 year.  Optimum offers many products for special needs, all the way to long term ceramic coatings.

Awesome thanks! What about the black molding trims? I've had those things fade on me on all my vehicles even garage kept one. I've tried store bought stuff like Black Magic  Restore but it doesn't last long at all.

You cleared up the quesitons I had. When I was searching the site and overwhelmed with all the products. I had seen the Opti-Trim Protect. What is that one for? I hadn't even seen the Tire Gel can be used for the outside trims. Going to be placing an order this week on the products you recommended. Hopefully the color will last longer on my vehicle now.

Trim Protect was a pro only product that has recently been added to the retail line.  It's to restore faded trim, then protect if from getting damaged.  You should be good with Protectant Plus or Opti-Bond - just apply when you wash and you'll stay protected.

Just curious.......which product, hyper-seal new formula, or protectant-plus, provides the most UV protection to exterior plastics?  And how often do they need to be reapplied to maintain UV protection?

I'm not sure how to compare the UV protection, but the durability champ is certainly Hyper Seal.  I use both products every time I wash my cars (would like to say every 2 weeks, but would be lying, probably averages once per month).  That's often enough that I'm always protected.