NEW FORMULA INSTANT DETAILER AND GLOSS ENHANCER

Instand Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (spray bottles only) has been reformulated to improve it's cleaning capability, particularly for water spots.  The new formula has a slight vinegar smell and has the same gloss enhancing qualities.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:37 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

Instand Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (spray bottles only) has been reformulated to improve it's cleaning capability, particularly for water spots.  The new formula has a slight vinegar smell and has the same gloss enhancing qualities.

Hi Ron - So the concentrates are the old formula, and only the RTU are updated?

6 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

The RTU spray Instant Detailer has added ingredients to remove water spot (a common use for quick detailers), the concentrate does not have that added capability.,

Will we see it added in the near future? Makes more sense to buy by the gallon. (Maybe an additive we can mix on our own would be cool)

• 5 months later...

Interesting 

I usually  use wax as a drying aid I think this gloss detailer concentrate  would work perfect i am  not really worried  about water spots.  Then every second of third wash use the ultra ceramic spray wax   . Should be good over kill on top of my gloss coat lol.  Does concentrate  me I mix with water our use full strength.  

• 2 months later...

Ron,

I believe you mentioned recently that the formulation has reverted to the previous mix and the vinegar smell is now gone. (Yay)

I have 2 unopened bottles of the "improved" vinegar version that I cannot/will not use. And I just emptied a 3rd bottle down the drain so I could mix up some from the concentrate I purchased. The smell literally makes me nauseous and the odor hangs in the air forever. (Ugh.)

Optimum really shot themselves in the foot with this update. I hope it doesn't hurt future sales of the product.

I have a couple questions:

1. How do I know if a new online purchase of the Instant Detailer is the latest, nice smelling, version? 

2. I don't suppose there is any way to exchange the vinegar bottles for some of the latest brew?

Thanks, Brad