Hyperseal Performance

Hi,

I currently have a friend visiting the U.S. (I am based in the UK.) and was planning on getting him to purchase some Hyperseal for me. This morning a video was released by Hawaii Detailing and it showed the performance of Hyperseal to be considerably below par. I know we shouldn't put faith in everything that we see on the internet and I know testing can be very subjective but I just wanted to get some first-hand feedback as to whether this is normal, what could have caused this, and what your experience with has been like?

I have linked the video so others can watch and see the results he experienced - 

Thanks in advance for you time!

Adam

First off I would have applied 1 spray for half a hood and let it flash away and then wipe it off. Not 5 sprays and wipe off immediately. Past that, who knows. This is not my results with it. With no gold sticker on the bottle this bottle COULD be 2 generations older than what is currently being sold and no telling how long it’s been on a shelf unused.

not familiar with Ethos so did a quick search - there are complimentary reviews and critical reviews.  Dmitry's Garage did a thorough test and described Resist as a very good topper, but not as good a standalone.  If you look hard enough you'll find any opinion...

@zombie1991 Thanks, I too thought that the application was way too heavy, I know Dr G is more of a 'less is more' kinda guy. Would putting on too much cause it to be washed off so easily?

@Ron@Optimum Thanks for the response Ron, I was more wondering if it was to be expected that a PH neutral snow foam could strip off the hydrophobics of Hyperseal so easliy?

I didn't agree with Dmitry when he said IPA would remove ceramic coatings and not sure how to interpret the Snow Foam test.  I will say that I frequently struggle to see the same results testers "see" on beading tests.  I don't pretend to be neutral, but this Hawaii Detailing (who I've never heard of) video comes across as an infomercial for Ethos products.