Gloss Coat online availability?

BradB

Ron, I was curious why the online retailers (Detailers Domain, Autopia, Autogeek, etc) no longer have Gloss Coat for sale. Did Optimum withdraw the product from everybody? (Except perhaps Rag Co.) If so, why? 

(Sorry if I asked this before, I couldn’t find my previous post)

I asked DI, and they indicated low sales.

They've mentioned in that past that they quickly stop carrying products that don't sell at a certain rate, and they've done it in the past. They cut out a lot of Optimum, unfortunately. 

Autogeek / Autopia, there has been speculation of a move that is keeping them from stocking some bread and butter items. 

Autoality and Detailing.com still carry Gloss Coat. The unfortunate thing for me is that I did a bulk of my shopping at DI. Love their service, but their selection will probably have me buying direct from Opticoat.com

The good news ordering direct is the absolute freshest product. 

I won't order from Amazon. Too many negative reviews due to shipping snafus.

I’ve never shopped at Autoality or Detailing.com. I’ll check that out. 

I don’t order direct from Optimum, frankly, because of the perks offered by so many other online retailers. Sales, discounts, free shipping…these are important to me. Plus I always find a reason to buy many other detailing items when I’m shopping.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:37 PM, dlc95 said:

The good news ordering direct is the absolute freshest product. 

I won't order from Amazon. Too many negative reviews due to shipping snafus.

Very true about getting the freshest product.

As a long time Amazon buyer, I learned a long time ago to peruse the offerings to make sure the order is being fulfilled by Amazon, as the best way to avoid snafus.  Although, to be fair, most of the orders fulfilled elsewhere seem to be more reliable than they were years ago, however it's always worth it to check the ratings of the specific supplier.  But fulfilled by Amazon is pretty rock-solid, at least for me.

2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Amazon has become Optimum's major US distributor.

I can't help but notice that if you go to the Optimum Polymer Technologies store at Amazon, all of the coatings (Gloss-Coat, Opti-Lens, Opti-Glass) are "currently unavailable".  The Opti-Glass Clean & Protect concentrate was also unavailable, and I didn't see the RTU even listed.  No Ultra Ceramic Seal, either.

As stated, Gloss-Coat was never a priority and a large number of "retail coatings" competitors have been introduced.  Opti-Lens has always been a niche product with low volume.  Opti-Glass is available in the 30cc bottle.  The full line of Opti-Coat products is now available at Amazon, including Glass Clean & Protect.  Ultra Ceramic Seal is being reformulated, the original had issues with streaking when used as a stand alone product (I never had problems but only used it as drying aid).

This is the page I'm looking at, I don't see Opti-Glass or Clean & Protect as being available:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/EB834AF2-640D-4D89-B1F5-B156D71C06B1?ingress=2&visitId=1e63a269-1c78-4af5-9bf3-010bc9bd8e29&ref_=ast_bln

It really doesn't matter to me, I would order from Amazon if it made sense, but my fallback would be to order direct, it's flat rate shipping and as previously noted you are sure to be getting the freshest and most up-to-date product.

I ended up getting it from Autoality. My first time giving them business. The main reason I didn’t get it direct was price (free shipping for my order at Autoality) And convenience, since I wanted to get a myriad of other products at the same time. 

Speaking of fresh product, what is the shelf life of Gloss Coat, Hyper Seal and Instant Detailer? 

2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

interesting to learn there are multiple OPT locations on Amazon.  I just put in the product I'm looking for and that doesn't give me the whole picture.  I've passed the information on to our Amazon Coordinator and am curious to hear an explanation.

If I search the way you did, there is someone selling Opti-Glass, but it's not Optimum and it's not Amazon, it's a 3rd party.  Likewise with the Clean & Protect, what comes up is the Opti-Coat product sold by TRC.