Best prewash product + ONR + Opti-Seal combo

Hi,

I have a question about best product for washing with ONR and Opti-Seal. I am currently doing pre-wash using the foam at the coin op  followed by their pressure wash, going back home applying ONR with sprayer, washing with ONR and applying Opti-Seal while drying. 

I am trying to avoid using the coin op foam as it seems it is destroying Opti-Seal. What is the recommended product to do a pre-wash that ONR can't remove, but preserving ONR?  The local dealer told me there is a new RV and Marine Wash.

As Opti-Seal is meant to be using once in a while, can I use another sealant on top every wash like Turtle Wax Seal and Shine?

my guess is the sprayer rinse is not removing the foam residue (soap at car washes is harsh stuff), interfering with Opti-Seal bonding.  Will admit I'm not a fan of foaming, would only do it for very dirty car to loosen crap prior to bucket wash.  Under normal circumstances, pre-spraying ONR, then a bucket wash with ONR + mitt/sponge/microfiber, apply Opti-Seal per section then dry works for me. Ultra Ceramic Seal and Opti-Coat Hyper Seal are both more durable, robust sealants than Opti-Seal.

Can I use something like Optimum Car Wash or Power Clean as a pre-wash routine? I feel safer using a pressure washer prior to ONR.

I believe ONR won't remove traffic film or bugs.

6 hours ago, sabotage said:

I believe ONR won't remove traffic film or bugs.

Bugs you have to soak, even with conventional wash (depending, of course), or use some sort of scrubber.  ONR should remove traffic film--I mean, usually if you pressure wash you blast off the grit and are left with the traffic film, unless you're talking about some other kind of film that won't come off with a contact wash.  I don't know your conditions, but I think just the pressure rinse at the coin-op is all you need to do for a pre-wash, no foam.

What condition is the paint?  If your paint is rough, dirty, etc,, it's that much harder to get stuff off of it.  You might consider clay bar or clay substitute, tar remover, polish, etc.

3 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Bugs you have to soak, even with conventional wash (depending, of course), or use some sort of scrubber.  ONR should remove traffic film--I mean, usually if you pressure wash you blast off the grit and are left with the traffic film, unless you're talking about some other kind of film that won't come off with a contact wash.  I don't know your conditions, but I think just the pressure rinse at the coin-op is all you need to do for a pre-wash, no foam.

What condition is the paint?  If your paint is rough, dirty, etc,, it's that much harder to get stuff off of it.  You might consider clay bar or clay substitute, tar remover, polish, etc.

It is more of a safety measure to make sure that everything is stubborn is removed especially during winter. The paint is in good condition, but I deal with two cars so the second not so great. 

What I am looking for is something from Optimum, but like Blit Hamber Touchless for additional safety prior to ONR.

I also have Citrus Wash, maybe it is worth spraying just the lower parts of the vehicle and ONR on the top?

Power Clean is excellent on bugs, tar, sap, etc. Some road film can be washed off with regular wash products, but some require stronger detergent - Power Clean is good on a variety of contaminates, and for special cleaning - MDR (for water spots), FerreX (brake dust), TAR (tar/adhesives/rubber), and Paint Prep (wax, sealants, etc).

I've used Opti-Clean as a pre spray on cars with Car Wax or Opti-Seal. 

Power Clean at 3:1, or even 5:1 will do the job too, but it might weaken or remove Car Wax or Opti-Seal. I'm not 100% sure though.

Brian from Apex tested Opti-Seal against a competing sealant. Not that I'm a huge fan of those torture test videos, but at the end Opti-Seal was beading very nicely, even after the barrage of chemicals he threw at it. The other sealant "won", but I saw what I saw, and that is all I needed to see. 

Power Clean can remove Wax and reduce Opti-Seal (though the new formula is stronger).  I use Opti-Clean or the new waterless Wash & Shine for pre-spray or spot cleaning and Power Clean for the heavy duty stuff like bugs, tar, sap, etc. 

22 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Power Clean can remove Wax and reduce Opti-Seal (though the new formula is stronger).  I use Opti-Clean or the new waterless Wash & Shine for pre-spray or spot cleaning and Power Clean for the heavy duty stuff like bugs, tar, sap, etc. 

I'll have to try a 5:1 Power Clean pre spray on Car Wax and Opti-Seal. That might be a really nice compromise - might being the focused word here.

Me personally, it's just too easy to re-apply protection of Car Wax, Opti, Hyper, and Ultra Seal(s) during or after a wash anyways..... I may as well stay with the 3:1.

I used to keep a bottle of 5:1 Power Clean for interiors and quick prespray, but got away from it - all the ratios can get confusing, have had full concentration/1:1/1:3/1:5 Power Clean but never seemed to have the one I needed when/where I needed it. 

4 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I used to keep a bottle of 5:1 Power Clean for interiors and quick prespray, but got away from it - all the ratios can get confusing, have had full concentration/1:1/1:3/1:5 Power Clean but never seemed to have the one I needed when/where I needed it. 

I hear that.

I manage to get a lot done with ONR 256:1 on interiors.