You want WET?

Scott H.

Just a few comments and questions.

1. The vehicle looks absolutely terrific!

2. Every vehicle you do looks terrific. Not to take anything away from the products used, but I think with your prep, the old green "Hard Shell Turtle Wax" would look good.

3. I realize that how long you have a vehicle is a factor, but would I get the same benefits of the combination if the OCW was applied the next day. In other words, do you think the application in 30 minutes added to the overall results?

4. My Opti-Seal applications seem to appear wetter the next day with nothing done to them. Have you found this to be the case or are the vehicles gone before you have a chance to know?

5. I don't happen to "top" Opti-Seal with anything until the next time I do an ONR wash with a spray wax application during the drying step. Looks like it would be worth trying. 30 minutes of wait time and 10 minutes of OCW could give a pretty good return on the investment of time.

Just a few comments and questions.

1. The vehicle looks absolutely terrific!

Thanks!

2. Every vehicle you do looks terrific. Not to take anything away from the products used, but I think with your prep, the old green "Hard Shell Turtle Wax" would look good.

Proper prep is a huge part of getting the best look but after just polishing, the paint didn't have nearly the pop it did just after polishing as it did after OS and OCW.

3. I realize that how long you have a vehicle is a factor, but would I get the same benefits of the combination if the OCW was applied the next day. In other words, do you think the application in 30 minutes added to the overall results?

Actually, you might get slightly better results waiting a full day. I normally don't have that luxury with a customer's vehicle.

4. My Opti-Seal applications seem to appear wetter the next day with nothing done to them. Have you found this to be the case or are the vehicles gone before you have a chance to know?

I've noticed that as well, not just with Opti-Seal but with most products. Even carnaubas take time to fully cure and harden and the look does tend to improve. Really noticable with Meguiars #26 wax. A week and a wash later and the look would noticably improve.

5. I don't happen to "top" Opti-Seal with anything until the next time I do an ONR wash with a spray wax application during the drying step. Looks like it would be worth trying. 30 minutes of wait time and 10 minutes of OCW could give a pretty good return on the investment of time.

As quick as both products are to use, experimenting with them is pretty easy.

Archived